Guys, would you date a depressed girl who has no friends?

BUT.. She's pretty, has a talent, she's caring, and she's an overall sweet person! & she has no friends out of choice..

• NO (explain)
  • YES (explain)

622

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry about guys, the first thing you have to sort out, is your depression, or why you are depressed. Don't look to men for your happiness, that;s your responsibility. If you are searching for men or materials to make you happy, then are issues deep down in yourself, which need to look into. You might suffering from low esteem, if you feel you need a man. I would suggest, before getting into a relationship, try and spend time looking into yourself and why you feel like this? Don't think about them, write them down, and see which hits a nerve with you, and address the issue.

• From where I am standing, its sounds like you suffering from low self confidence. Its probably why you have no friends, or maybe never had a boyfriend. I would suggest start working on your confidence, and once that is developed, your life will change all round.

• You could be the coolest, the smartest, and the most interesting person in the world but if no one except you is aware of all these wonderful traits, you’ll get nothing out of them.
      There are only two basic choices available: you can spend your entire life feeling sorry for yourself because you deserve more than you’re getting, or you can step into the world and take what you want. Guess which choice successful people make?

• here is a video how build to your confidence, its brilliant. its really help to achieve what I want in life.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Z9mQsMNZA&t=353s

Here is a video, how to achieve your goals and dreams. it takes a lot of work. Follow their rules, and will achieve anything you want in life.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFhkdzj-x80

A video to inspire you, A boxer who broke his neck in 3 places, the doctor said he would never be able to box again. but goes training in the gym with a big cradle on his head, and broken neck, and goes on to win 3 world titles.
      Truly inspiring. must watch
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSX5KceD-g&t=190s

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was a guy, yes I would date him

As long as his depression wasn't caused by heartbreak due to a relationship ending, because I'd never enter into a relationship with a guy who was still pinining after an ex.

Having no friends isn't a deal- breaker either. I wouldn't care if a guy had no friends. I'd become his friend.. as well as SO

The person you've described is dateable 😊

What Guys Said 21

• me being a guy and knowing the ropes of no friendships i can relate and would try too be a good freind and hang out and talk to her all i could.

• I don't care about the lack of friends, but I do care about her being depressed. I could be with a girl who got depressed while we were already dating, but I wouldn't date a girl I knew was depressed.
    I tried once and she fucked up, blamed it on her loneliness and depression, so I'm not gonna try that again.

• I'm dating her for her not her friends. If she depressed I would try my best to help her get over it weather it takes time or it quick

• My girlfriend is exactly that. And I love her with all my heart and I always will.

• Absolutely, just because she's lacking in the social department, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve someone special 😊

• Maybe...

• Yes. You have very nice qualities about you.

May I ask why you have no friends "by choice"?

• My ex-GF was bi-polar, I dated her until she broke up with me over a stupid thing. I did not try to fix it however, I don't try to fix things that are broken.

• Sure I wanna make her happy, but not if she wants to stay a sad sack all the time, like refusing to change

• "She has no friends out of choice.."
    How could a guy hope to be accepted for a date then?

• No because I'm aromantic and asexual. I also don't like to be around depressed people.

• Everyone deserve someone, when if depressed and has no friends. Hell, even someone who has a lot of friends and is always happy doesn't guarantee she is dating material either.

• Yes. I'd find out of she's open to making new friends. But I'd date her.

• Because I would date her because deep down she's the most amazing girl I've met.

• I would but I believe it would be weird if I met her through a complete stranger

• yes because I am same way but im not depressed im just very shy person and to me that sounds just like her because she is just shy as well she just need someone who can bring her out of that shyness

• If i really like her i would definitely daye her.

• Have done, it's not easy

• I am also depressed and have no friends. I just don't have the other stuff you mentioned.
    So yeah, I'd be dating up.

• I am the same, so she would look like my type exactly lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I would because she sounds like me

• Give her a chance. People change, too. Maybe one day she will want some friends because she will feel like she is missing out. The only bad thing is that you would be her only friend so you would probably be around her a lot.

• That's basically me.

• Totally sounds like me but im not pretty... im just average

• I won't date anybody who is depressed.