What is the longest period of time that you have been single?

2317

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost four years, if we don't count preteenhood. Lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of my life. I'm not willing to compromise on certain things. Call me selfish, but I won't move in with a girl or let her move in with me. I don't like to be bothered on my days off. Saving money is hard enough as it is without a woman wanting to be taken out on dates, etc. I will not get married ever and don't even want to risk bringing children into this shitheap of a world.

Most of these will end relationships in a heartbeat.

• I'd give you a double thumbs here if I could on on what you just said about how you "don't even want to risk bringing children into this shitheap of a world." Because, I have the same thoughts and perspective on this also, so that makes two of us LOL

All births lead to inevitable deaths and unavoidable, unasked, unwarranted suffering, pain and illness either way. By choosing not to bring someone or anyone here, you just prevented all of that.

• @JudgmentDay Pretty much. To say nothing of all the conflict erupting. As they say: Hell is other people.

• @Stone_Fizzlebeef All living things can never fully get along either way, there will always be perpetual competition and thus it leads to conflict. In simple terms, Survival of the Fittest and Might IS Right, the strong will pick on, prey upon, and take advantage of the weak. Even animals have to slaughter and kill each other all because they did it in order to survive, to live, and because they suffer from starvation.

ALL LIFE IS SUFFERING, it's unavoidable, it's absolutely guaranteed, either more suffering or less suffering. And you know what the funny thing, the really fucking absurd thing about suffering is?

It is Essential to all meaning and purpose to existence! If you think really deep about it for a second and ask yourself, if you are unable to ever suffer and incapable of suffering, then would you bother to ever do anything at all anymore? Would anything ever really mattered? Suffering isn't simply just pain, because even Boredom IS part of suffering.

What Girls Said 22

• I didn't date at all in high school, which seemed pretty depressing at the time. But within two months of graduating, I had a steady boyfriend and the longest I went without a boyfriend after that was about 4 months. Have been married now for 19 years. :) I spent most of high school thinking I would be alone forever, and that was a pretty rotten feeling.

• 17 years, hah.

• 7 months and counting πŸ˜‚

• 16 yearsπŸ˜‚

• 26 years and still counting ;]

• 19yrs lol

• The first 20 years of my life lol

• 15 years. :)

• 3 years

• 3 years now

• 14 years.

• 20 years.

• 16 years bro

• My entire life πŸ˜€

• 2 years

• 15 years

• 26 years

• A year

• since birth
    hoping not till death

• But what if it does happen? What then? What about owning a pet? Assuming that you haven't already had one.

• I ony had 2 years. relationship when i was 18-19

• I have been single since I was born which means Im in my mid 40{s and still single, never married or even have kids and people say im a weird case

• Wow! That's an impressive record. "Weird" is only a matter of perspective. Sometimes, being in a relationship or being married just doesn't happen at all and never happens, or can never happen. I guess it really is true, the longer someone is single the more they become accustomed and used to it that they wouldn't want to change and be in a relationship, or even date, etc., as it's already been a comfort zone that is very hard to step out of, and you'd lose the motivation, incentives, etc. to actually even do something about it, since you really would not care to by then. Forget what other people say, I give you a DOUBLE THUMBS UP LADY! Why? I've actually been single for more than 30 years myself that makes us similar, and don't go by whatever age is displayed on my profile here, as I didn't use my real birthday when I had signed up here.

• How exactly is it weird? You're not the very first person that had been 40 and never married or had children I'm sure. It doesn't make you unique all because of your relationship status and condition. I mean I've been single for MORE THAN 30 years myself, and I really don't care anymore either. Besides I find it to be a false of security of having somebody else, when there is no absolutely certainty or guarantee that a relationship or marriage would ever last or last long to begin with as they can unexpectedly end at any time. If you have somebody then you absolutely will have somebody to lose, but if you absolutely have nobody then you absolutely have nobody to lose, am I right?

• I am in my 30's and have never dated.

• 21 years.

What Guys Said 16

• More than 30 years buddy, don't go by what my age is displayed in my profile or say "but you're profile says you're 19 or you're only 19", because I get that frequently around here and I'm like, 19 years isn't my real age! 19 years meant how many days after the original Judgment Day from Terminator movies, which was the date August 29, 1997. And if you do the math 2016 minus 1997 is 19. Because we haven't reached August 29, 2017 yet, so it's measured by the last time August 29th had occurred.

• "All my life"

#completelyoriginal hur dur

• My current stretch, 44.5 years (divorced in 1972, basically said fuck relationships ever since). Thankfully single doesn't mean celibate.

• 21 years, or something like that.

• 5 years if you mean really single so without family or SO.

30 years if you are only talking about being in a relationship.

Real loneliness is a bit tougher than I excepted lol

• @BluesBoy I'm a bit confused here, are you saying you've been single for 30 years? That you had never been in any relationships for 30 consecutive years?

• @JudgmentDay I have never been in a relationship in my life and I'm 30 years so that is 30 years single if by single it means no relationship.

For me, single means without really close people so without family that's why for me I'm single for only 5 years (4 years and a half to be precise, time when my father died).

• @BluesBoy well then that makes two of us, I've been single for more than 30 years, gonna be 40 years single consecutively in a few years as I really don't care about dating, relationships, or even sex.

• 25 years. Hey, that's my age.

• My entire life :D

• up to this point anyway. But you never know for certain. But I do think the longer someone is single the less they would have the motivation, will, determination, etc. to really invest any more time, effort, energy, or even care about pursuing a relationship, or even dating and seeing anyone, as they've grown used to and accustomed to their had already been single for so long, so what's the point of even changing themselves and getting out of a comfort zone that they've already created and had gotten used to, because it really gets difficult, and it becomes really hard at that point. What do you think? Am I right?

• @JudgmentDay I just don't care for relationships

• 30 years

• @art84 And I thought I'm like the only one here that's been single for 30 years or more.

• @art84 I didn't use my own real birthday when I signed up, so no need to say or ask "but your age said you're only 19?" because in real life I ain't 19, I'm actually in my mid-30s.

• 28 years... it sounds longer when I say it out loud.

• The first 16 years of my life

• 27 years

• 7 years

• 17 years 😭😭

• 5 years

• 22 years

• Does flings count? No? Ok then. Since birth! πŸ˜‚