What does it usually mean for a guy if a girl doesn't tell him that she has a boyfriend for a few months?

Let's say a guy and a girl knew one another and got along well with one another and texted one another and wanted to both hangout, but the guy on his own found out she had a boyfriend already that she had been seeing for a few months.

If the guy found out on his own without her telling him, what would he think of the girl and what would he think she wanted?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was me, I would first assume she is one those girls that needs to have a million friends in order to have any self-worth be able to have fun in life. I would assume I am just another friend amongst the million others and I have no real significant standing with her. I am not a tag-along so I would back away. If I was wrong, I would assume she liked me, but didn't want to break up because she was thinking about what she truly wanted and wasn't totally sure. Either way, I would still back away because I don't get involved in drama and I don't steal gfs.

• If she invited him out for coffee too, what would you think then?

• And what is the classiest way to save face in a situation like this for both the guy and the girl?

• Well, I mean it is common enough for girls to think nothing about having as many male friends as possible, and at the same time think nothing to not mention they have a boyfriend because they don't feel it is necessary since they are only talking at a friendship level in the first place. So I guess I would be 80% sure she actually liked me and was interested. I would need to know if she was like that with other guys. If not, I would be closer to 100% she did like me.
      I would say something like, "I think you are really interesting person and I would love to get to know you better if you were single." I'm not sure what she would say, but really, even "ok, no problem" would be fine and respectable.

Most Helpful Girl

• He would think the obvious: That she was leading him on.

• Why though? Would he assume she was attracted to him?

What Guys Said 3

• the guy will think the girl is a cheater and a playette. the guy will definitely think that the girl is not a good person and leading him on.

• Will he think she's on the fence about cheating or think he's hot and just likes flirting?

• mostly it will feel like she's on the fence about cheating.

• Would this topic have come up naturaly in a conversation before? It's possible that it just didn't come up. Just keep that in mind. Don't get ahead of yourself.

• it depends on the type of relationship they have , and it varies from person to person , maybe the guy has acrush on the girl and wants to ask her out to be more than friends , but approaches more carefully, but the girl thinks they are hanging out as friends, so the situation changes the answer.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!