Talking to a guy that's not a virgin? Will this relationship work out?

So I'm 18 and I've been talking to this 23 year old since November. Still deciding whether I want to be in a relationship. I never had a serious relationship, but he has (just got out of a 2 yr relationship). So he's not a virgin, but I am. I asked how he felt about celibacy if we ended up dating. He said he would be okay with it, but I don't know if I should believe him or not. Like I feel like he would pressure me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean total celibacy not just no intercourse then it will only work if he has a very low sex drive. Say bottom 10% of men. Which is possible. Otherwise someone will be miserable.

It's not about the orgasms we are quite capable of getting those on our own. It's about mutual desire and feeling wanted.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• What makes you feel that he would pressure you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well he forced me to kiss him. He's always pressures me to kiss him

• Well if he pressures you to kiss him, then that's a bad sign. It means that he might be insincere.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• There may be times he applies a little pressure but if you stand firm I'm sure he will back off. If he doesn't that means you being a virgin is becoming a problem which means you'll have to break up.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's possible that he won't pressure you, but eventually he'll want sex, that's for sure. I mean, that's how basically every sane person works.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why the fuck would you be celibate? No, your relationship won't last. Sex and sexual compatibility are a massive part of having a healthy and long lasting relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt he would want to stay in a relationship with no sex until marriage if he has already been getting it on a regular basis, are you Christian or something? I know I couldn't do it unless I was a virgin myself and even then I'm not waiting till marriage for that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;