Talking to a guy that's not a virgin? Will this relationship work out?

So I'm 18 and I've been talking to this 23 year old since November. Still deciding whether I want to be in a relationship. I never had a serious relationship, but he has (just got out of a 2 yr relationship). So he's not a virgin, but I am. I asked how he felt about celibacy if we ended up dating. He said he would be okay with it, but I don't know if I should believe him or not. Like I feel like he would pressure me.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean total celibacy not just no intercourse then it will only work if he has a very low sex drive. Say bottom 10% of men. Which is possible. Otherwise someone will be miserable.

It's not about the orgasms we are quite capable of getting those on our own. It's about mutual desire and feeling wanted.

Most Helpful Girl

• What makes you feel that he would pressure you?

• Well he forced me to kiss him. He's always pressures me to kiss him

• Well if he pressures you to kiss him, then that's a bad sign. It means that he might be insincere.

What Guys Said 4

• There may be times he applies a little pressure but if you stand firm I'm sure he will back off. If he doesn't that means you being a virgin is becoming a problem which means you'll have to break up.

• It's possible that he won't pressure you, but eventually he'll want sex, that's for sure. I mean, that's how basically every sane person works.

• Why the fuck would you be celibate? No, your relationship won't last. Sex and sexual compatibility are a massive part of having a healthy and long lasting relationship.

• I doubt he would want to stay in a relationship with no sex until marriage if he has already been getting it on a regular basis, are you Christian or something? I know I couldn't do it unless I was a virgin myself and even then I'm not waiting till marriage for that

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!