Girls, why don't you ever ask guys out?

• In my culture/society, it's just not done
    8% (3)
  • I don't want to seem too desperate or aggressive
    30% (11)
  • I think by having guys asking out, it allows a guy to feel like the man
    5% (2)
  • For the same reason they hate it; fear of rejection
    54% (20)
  • I love the power too much of being able to be the one to say yes or no when being asked
    3% (1)
  • I don't want to have to pay or plan a date after I do the asking
    0% (0)
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it never works out anyway when its one sided. And I don't mean asking a guy out, but the fact you have feelings for them and they think your nuts as a bad reaction. Or they may not take you seriously. And besides I don't believe in going out with total strangers without being friends forst for a long time. I seriously needed that at the time when I was interested because I know myself as a person. I know I don't appeal to everybody and a lot of guys besides people thinks I'm weird, a freak, etc and it has 0 to do with my appearence or how I behave. But because of my personality. Knowing that, I would never do something like that again because 9/10x their not interested in me.

What Girls Said 24

• Meh, the only person I have ever really really wanted to be with had been one of my closest friends for four years, I didn't think that he had any attraction to me and I didn't want to risk acting on my crush in case it ruined our friendship. I was also suffering pretty badly from anxiety at the time and that was when I wasn't on medication so I think that even if he hadn't been such an amazing friend of mine, I'd have been too cowardly to do anything.

• I persued my fiance lol but he "officially" asked me to be his girlfriend and he asked me to marry him althogh we talked about getting married before:) i didn't ask him out out at first because i thought he had no interest in me since I talked a lot and he barely talks:P now that we have been together for over 5 years now its hard to keep him quiet sometimes! Lol just kidding!

• Where's the "I do" option?

The first serious boyfriend I ever had, I approached. He was working at my local supermarket and I thought he was the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen, so I started to talking to him, and then we'd talk everytime I went in, then we hung out and then dated for two years.

• I feel like men are the pursuers and have the dominant position in a normal relationship. Others might like it the other way around but I prefer the guy to take control.

• I've asked all my previous boyfriends out

• D obviously, haha. I don't want to be rejected. Plus, I just don't see a lot of guys I like well enough to even want to ask them out. So, it's panned out that I haven't had the opportunity to ask someone out b/c I've been approached first.

• I have before

• I have asked men out.

But I don't anymore

• I am the one who always asks the guys out.

• No option for me... I always asked. I've actually rejected guys I like just to turn around and ask them out. I need to be in the power seat and hate feeling put on the spot in the beginning.

• I approached my current boyfriend first.

• because we need to feel wanted and pursued. Men should love the woman just a little more, and the women will be happy and satisfied throughout the whole relationship.

• I'm not hot enough for a guy to wanna go on a date with me.

• If I see a guy I like I will ask him out.

• I asked a lot of men out. I initiated the relationship with my fiance

• I actually did, just yesterday. I'm doing all the paying & planning. He only does the driving. xD

• Because I'm not interested enough. If I am interested I do.

• voted d, i'm shy as f*ck

would have no problem if i wasn't as shy as i am

• I do ask guys out.

• I asked a few guys out but to no avail

• I do

• I do ask guys out lol they usually say no cause my age

• Well, I am really shy and afraid of rejection. Plus, girls are stereotyped into not being brave, or straightforward with this stuff.