My date orders my food for me at restaurants?

Been dating this really nice guy for about a month now. We've been out on a few dates. I've noticed that he's pretty chivalrous about things in general, like opening the door for me or the car door and closing it behind me, he kisses my hand often as well. When we go to restaurants though, he will ask me what I'm having. I assumed it's out of curiosity butwhen the waiter comes he orders for me. What I chose anyway, he's not choosing for me. But I'm not used to chivalrous behavior and I didn't think men still ordered for their dates? I found it surprising but strangely sweet, then again, I'm no man-hating feminist so. I'm 26 and he's 32 so I had expressed to my mom that I hoped he wasn't trying to "parent" me in any way and she said it is a polite gesture and a bit old-fashioned but nice. I agree, but wondering about what others think? Would you be flattered like me, or offended?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I love when my partner orders food for me because it streamlines the process and makes everything easier when one person orders everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not really something that'd flatter me, I would prefer to order for myself. It's a bit too old fashioned for my tastes and I dunno, I would consider it a little rude but nothing too awful or nothing that I couldn't put right by saying that I'm cool with doing it myself. If you don't find it rude, there's no problem with it.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Eh I think I would rather order for myself... like I have a voice I can get what I need lol I don't know I don't think I would like it. I don't think he is meaning anything bad by it though.

• It wouldn't bother me. My boyfriend is very polite and slightly old fashioned too.