If a guy broke up with you, why would he message you and ask to hang out?

I recently broke up with a guy I dated for a month and he wanted to be friends - he broke up because he was unsure how he felt. It's been less than a week, and he is already texting me, asking to go for drinks, and now he texts me again to tell me to come to the next party he throws. We never had sex, nor did we kiss.

I'm surprised he is inviting me to hang out because if I was him, the last thing I want to do is be around the person that you dumped for a reason.

What is he trying to do? Is he really trying to be friends with me? Or is he trying to get back together?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I'm going to be very blunt so I hope you don't get offended like most people would. He's made it clear that he still wanted to be friends, and he's trying to keep the friendship there by inviting you to hang out, is it really that hard to see that he still wants to be friends? Hate to break it to you but it's normal for someone to want to be friends after being in a relationship didn't work out. it's not like he cheated on you, he was unsure about his feelings, better that then lead you on and tell you after you've had sex or something.

What Girls Said 1

• playing you

• does that mean that any girl "unsure about her feelings" is playing a guy she breaks up with and stays in contact with?