My brother in law completely over reacted when he found me with a boy! What should I do?

I was visiting my sister and her husband this weekend. At one point, we went over to one of their friends homes, and there were a few other people there my age (I'm 14). Well there was a boy there that I really started to like. So, when we all watched a movie together, he and I sat next to each other. As we got closer through the movie, my brother in law kept shooting me dirty looks. Then, when the guy put his arm around me and we started holding my hands, by sisters husband lost it, and demanded that I move and sit next to him and my sister. I was so humiliated!

after the movie, the guy and I went outside and just sat together holding hands and talking. When my brother in law found us, he told the guy he needed to "back off" and told me to get in the car because we were leaving.

In the car, he gave me the biggest lecture about guys and all they want is sex or whatever. It can't be as bad as he made it seem. And we didn't even do anything other than kiss. But I think he overreacted and was totally out of line. Would you have responded the same way?

12

What Guys Said 2

• It's as bad as he made it seem

• Well I mean what he said was true.

Every boy at the age of 14 wants sex.

What Girls Said 1

• "It can't be as bad as he made it seem." And that is why he did what he did.