Which one is deal breaker for you in dating and why?

Are these deal breaker for you in dating and why/why not?
- Tattoos
- Piercing
- Religious
- Disability
- Mental illness
- Political view
- Smelly
- Balding/hair loss
- Fat
- Not good looking
- Partner having children and pets
- Height
- Race
- Clothing style
- Transsexual/transgender

#dealbreaker #dating #discussion

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• - Tattoos are fine, as long as I actually like it. If I think it's a shit tattoo or super poorly done, I'm not sure I could get over hating it.

- Some piercings are okay. I don't like genital piercings, I think that'd be a deal breaker.

- Religion isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I'm an atheist and I'd be okay dating someone religious as long as we actually did agree on a lot of the same stuff and we could respect each other's opinions.

- Stuff like a prosthetic arm or leg or stuff like that doesn't bother me. If someone had no limbs or needed me to take on the role of a carer as well as a partner, I wouldn't want to do that.

- Mental illness is tricky. I'm mentally ill myself so it'd all depend on whether I would negatively affect their mental health and vice versa. If we made each other worse then clearly we couldn't be together, health comes first.

- If we agreed on stuff like abortion, marriage and gender equality and all that, then it'd be fine, I'm okay with disagreeing on topics more to do with economy. If we disagreed on the things I consider most important, I wouldn't want to be with them.

- I guess smelly could be fixed though, either by improving their bathing habits or if that doesn't help, seeing if there's maybe a medical issue.

- I hate baldness so much :/ I think bald would be a deal breaker, I just really don't like it, it reminds me of my dad :(

- Depends on how fat. Chubby is fine, it can look cute. Obese isn't attractive.

- I don't want to be with someone I'm not attracted to. If they weren't the best looking objectively but I still felt attraction, it'd be okay. If I didn't feel anything like that towards them, then nah.

- Right now I wouldn't be with a single parent because my life isn't stable enough. No job, full time education, not living alone, I'm not in the right place to start to become part of someone's family. In a few years, it'd be fine. Pets are also fine, it'd be a deal breaker if they never wanted them, or if they never wanted children.

- Generally above 5'5 up to 6'0 is fine for me.

- Race is irrelevant.

- Clothing style doesn't matter much.

- I don't care if they're trans.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My deal breakers are

Tattoos
    Piercing
    Mental illness
    Political view
    Fat
    Not good looking
    Race
    Transsexual/transgender
    Arrogant
    Low or normal IQ (I need an intelligent woman)

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Tattoos can be a dealbreaker if there are too many and if they aren't spaced out well.

Piercings can be a dealbreaker if too many. Please, nothing more than an ear/eyebrow piercing.

He doesn't have to be religious, but it would easier if he was.

I honestly do feel for people who are disabled, but im not sure if I would go for someone who is disabled. However, if we date and then he gets disabled, i would stay with him through the good and hard times.

Mentall illness? Dealbreaker.

Political views aren't exactly a dealbreaker. Most of my crushes are usually of the opposite political party anyway.

Smelly? Dealbreaker.

If he is already balding or losing hair, then I most likely won't go for him. However, if he starts balding later in life, then I'll deal.

Fat? If he has a beer belly or flabby arms, but is willing to go to the gym, then we can work on it. Otherwise, no.

Not good looking? Dealbreaker. Face is more important to me than body.

Having children? If its just one kid, then I will deal. Pets? Im honestly scared of animals. Im pretty sure he wouldn't want to put his pets away when I come over, so its best we're not a couple.

As long as we're the same height or taller, then I'll manage.

Race doesn't matter. If his family is against it though, that could be a problem, but only if he doesn't stand up to them.

Clothing style? Well i know they say you can't chabge a person, but I'd eventually buy him little gifts of clothing i would want him to wear. If that doesn't work, then I'll accept his personal style.

Transsexual/transgender? Ultimate dealbreaker. Be who or what you want to be. But im not gay. No matter what you believe you are

0|2
    0|0
    • My opinions.
      - Tattoos and piercing may be deal breakers if that's too much and if I doesn't like the look of them. But a few tattoos and ear piercing is fine.
      - Religion isn't a deal breaker as long they aren't too conservative or strictly religious who expect me to follow their rules.
      - I prefer my partner to have similar political view as me. But I'm fine with some disagreement. I prefer my partner to be liberal, LGBT+ friendly and gender-equal. Racism, sexism etc. is a big no.
      - Disability & mental illness: Depends which type and how severe it's. Mental illness is usually a big no.
      - Smelly is a deal breaker.
      - As long the person is good looking and have a great personality, balding isn't a deal breaker. But wig may be a solution. I prefer hair.
      - Fat/chubby is a big no. The partner also have to be good looking, or it's hard to attract me.

• Show All
    • I agree with everything except the last one. I can't believe you'd be cool wth that but i guess i understand. Like would you rather they tell you straight up thatbtheyre trans? Like i fear being tricked

• I would prefer them telling they are trans. It's nice to know, so it's easier to take consideration. As long they looks, act, dress and smell like my preferred gender in addition to be good looking I don't complain. For me sex isn't only about penetrate, but also about love, relationship and being together. Many transsexual people are post-HRT and post-op. Due good treatment it won't be a issue for me. But I wouldn't date a transsexual who's pre-HRT and pre-op.

• Having children
    mental illness
    smelly
    disability
    transsexual

These are deal breakers for me, I might seem harsh for putting disability but I just would not date somebody with disability, if my man one day (god forbid) would be disabled from an accident, then YES I WOULD STAY WITH HIM UNTIL DEATH TEARS US APART, but that is something else :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Mental health most defiantly would be a deal break, obviously that depends on how serious it is.
    Smelly, BIGGEST deal breaker.
    I don't care too much about a person's religion just as long as they're not shoving it down mine or anyone else's throat.
    Balding and hair loss is a turn turn off for me, but I'm not going to say a deal breaker.
    Height isn't a definite turn off, but it is something to consider. Race, not too much. I wouldn't mind dating anyone of other races, though I'm not attracted to Indian guys.

0|1
    0|0
  • Disability/mental illness, though it depends on the severity and type.
    Religion, if they're highly religious and expect me to adhere to their rules and stuff more than I would be willing to. Same with political view.
    If you smell bad I'm out.
    Transsexual/transgender - not into vag at all. Sorry.

0|1
    0|0
    • What with post-op transsexual people who's cis-passing and bigender/genderfluid people who looks, acts and dress like your preferred gender?

• Show All
    • I wouldn't mind adopting an infant or two, but I want biological kids first. Unless something happens and I can't have kids. Then I guess idgaf anymore.

• If you wants biological children, I understands you prefer a cis man. Anyway, most people are cis.

• Smelly is probably a deal breaker. And religion. Didn't used to be but I'm sick of self righteous assholes not respecting my lack of faith.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah though I find aggressive atheists to be just as annoying as aggressive religious people.

• Show All
    • Yeah that's wrong for people to do that. It's like how can one's belief in god or lack of, if they keep it to themselves, bother you?

• @bloodmountain1990 because people like to define other people. It's my problem with organised religion anyway, it's a tool used to keep women and weaker men in check. My mother raised me atheist after being raised Catholic herself.

• Tattoos and piercings are cool. I would not date a religious person, Left political viwes would be better but I'd date him If he doesn't have 'extreme' right political views. Smelly? Hygenie is important. Not good looking? Maybe. Balding? Hair would be better. Fat? Doesn't matter unless he's obese. Disability? Doesn't matter. Not sure about mental illness. Race? Not about the race but I find men from some countries unattractive. (For example; Iraq or Syria) Having children and pets? Pets are ok but children, nah. Height? I'm 5.8 (173 cm) and I'd prefer taller guys, but it doesn't matter If he's not a minion. Transexual? I'd rather a real guy but still doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of the ones you listed, religious and political views are deal breakers for me, as well as personal hygiene issues, lack of physical attraction, and having kids.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tattoos - no
    - Piercing depends
    - Religious depends
    - Disability depends
    - Mental illness depends
    - Political view no
    - Smelly yes
    - Balding/hair loss no
    - Fat depends
    - Not good looking depends
    - Partner having children and pets no for children. Maybe for pets.
    - Height kinda as I dont want someone shorter than me
    - Clothing style yes.
    - Transsexual/transgender yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • None of them would be deal breakers for me tbh. Just as long as they're not an as*hole then I don't mind.

0|0
    0|0

• - Tattoos - no lol
    - Piercing - no i especially find lip piercings hot
    - Religious - no, i am religious and respect religion
    - Disability - it depends on the variety
    - Mental illness - it depends on the variety
    - Political view - it depends on how they act on their views
    - Smelly - yes
    - Balding/hair loss - yes
    - Fat - yes
    - Not good looking - yes if that's my view
    - Partner having children and pets - depends on the variety
    - Height - no
    - Race - no
    - Clothing style - depends on the variety
    - Transsexual/transgender - yes

#dealbreaker #dating #discussion

0|0
    0|0
  • Would I date:
    Tattoos- doesn't matter unless its like in a weird place or its explicit
    Piercing- as long as they don't have a ton but besides that I don't care
    Religious- as long as they are respectful to me and their religion doesn't hate or belittle other people
    Disability- sure
    Mental illness- as long as they aren't dangerous
    Political view- same as religion
    Smelly- no
    Hair loss- most likely no (unless its the result of a disease or illness)
    Fat- as long as they're healthy and fit enough to be active with me then a bit of chub is fine
    Not good looking- maybe if im still attracted to them?
    Height-don't care but I really prefer people who are taller (im 5'1)
    Race- no preference
    Clothing style- no preference
    Trans- sure (:

0|0
    0|0
  • - Tattoos: Most likely going to annoy me, citing religious and personal reasons. Probably not a deal breaker.
    - Piercing: Depends on where it is.
    - Religious: Has been a deal breaker in the past, I am religious, he was not.
    - Disability: Not a deal breaker.
    - Mental illness: Nope.
    - Political view: Don't care.
    - Smelly: Absolutely, unless it's some weird medical condition. Actually... yeah.
    - Balding/hair loss: Don't care.
    - Fat: Don't care.
    - Not good looking: Well, I want to find them attractive.
    - Partner having children and pets: Children, no. Pets are a MUST.
    - Height: Don't care.
    - Race: Don't care.
    - Clothing style: Don't care unless it's just inappropriate in general.
    - Transsexual/transgender: Um... depends on the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're too conservative

0|1
    0|0
  • Political views and smelly are the biggest deal breaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • These all can be a deal breaker to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • - Tattoos
    Just one tattoo is okay. It also depends if the tattoo is creepy in my opinion or not.
    - Piercing
    Depends where. I find piercings on/inside the mouth strange.
    - Religious
    As long as they believe in a religion kind of like mine it's okay. I wouldn't date someone who didn't believe in God but I wouldn't date someone who believed in more than one God and it must be the God of Abraham.
    - Disability
    Depends how severe. If they didn't have either of their arms (and I'm just being honest here) I'd feel like I'd be incapable of aiding them in that.
    - Mental illness
    I wouldn't be able to handle that.
    - Political view
    Must be democratic.
    - Smelly
    NOOOO.
    - Balding/hair loss
    I kind of mind.
    - Fat
    As long as they're not MORBIDLY obese I'm okay with it.
    - Not good looking
    That's fine.
    That's fine.
    - Height
    I prefer someone the same height as me or taller.
    - Race
    I don't care.
    - Clothing style
    As long as they don't wear something stupid it's fine. I am capable of seeing different fashion senses but no fashion sense period is just weird to me.
    I mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • The ones that are dealbreakers for me at :

Transgender / transsexual
    Fat
    Under 5'11
    Smelly
    Mental illness

0|1
    0|0
  • heiry, fat, skinny body

0|1
    0|0
  • Smelly

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Some tattoos are ok, but not really into them, not a deal breaker, but I could be turned off initiatlly and never give her a second look.
    Piercings are fine as long as her face isn't a tool rack peg board
    Didablity depends. As long as she can function in life, I think I could handle it.
    Mental illness is a deal breaker. Can't be with someone who need meds to be or act normal because I would be afraid one day she may break down no longer be able to function in society or even be a safety threat to herself or others, including me.
    Political view, depends on what. If differences lead to fights all the time, then we are not compatible.
    Smelly, I like to think I could change a person's habbits, so not a dealbreaker initially.
    Hairloss, not a problem. She can wear wigs and I get to pick what colour I want that night!
    Fat, sorry, deal breaker. I cannot help what I am attracted to and I cannot force myself to be attracted to someone I naturally do not find attractive.
    Not good looking, depends how much. I also like to think maybe I could help with her style or makeup appearance to help with that. Plus if she had a smoking hot bod and great personality, I think I could look past those looks.
    Kids, depends on age, how many and how the father is involved. I would prefer to avoid them
    Pets. no problem
    Height, as long as she isn't a dwarf, no problem.
    Race. Depends. I am white, so I find other whites naturally attractive. I do know others of other races and find them hot too. I would be open to that.
    Clothing style, surprisingly could be a serious deal breaker. Not into punk or goth. Can't stand dew rags or beanie, or cabby hats!
    T T, I guess I can't knock it till I tried it!

0|1
    0|0
  • - Tattoos
    Don't mind so long as there's not many of them. Like one here or there ain't that bad. But if her entire arm, leg or God forbid face is covered in tattos then no thank you.

- Piercing
    The same as before.

- Religious
    I do not mind her believeing and occasionally going to Church so long as she agrees to not involve me in to that stuff. And she also has to agree with us raising our future kids non-religious. And since I am sure no religious person would agree with that, I might just say that for this reason I don't think I'd be successful in a relationship with such a person.

- Disability
    Depends.

- Mental illness
    Depends.

- Political view
    So long as she's not overly hostile to other people, I don't mind.

- Smelly
    Who would want that?

- Balding/hair loss
    Doesn't really affect women.

- Fat
    I do not mind chubby (it's hot in it's own way for me) but fat is too much so no.

- Not good looking
    I can't be with someone I'm not attracted to.

As in, she already has that? I don't mind her having pets but I am not getting together with someone who already has kids.

- Height
    So long as she's not talller than me, I do not mind.

- Race
    Don't care at all but I will not be dating that overly dark African type. Not like I'm gonna meet them anyway.

- Clothing style
    Don't care so long as noth Goth or any of those other depressive types

Absofuckinglutely not.

0|1
    0|0
  • -Tattoos.. Its a red flag, but not a dealbreaker unless they have a lot or if one of their tattoos is an ex bf's name
    - Piercing... same as previous
    - Religious... depends on how strictly they follow their beliefs
    - Disability... Probably a dealbreaker
    - Mental illness... Depends on which illness and how severe
    - Political view... Probably a deal breaker
    - Smelly... If they are unwilling to change then its a dealbreaker.
    - Balding/hair loss... Depends on severity
    - Fat... Dealbreaker
    - Not good looking... Dealbreaker
    - Partner having children and pets... Kids are a dealbreaker. Pets are less than ideal but I could get over it as long as they dont have a lot and none of them are snakes.
    - Height... Only if she's taller than 5'10 or shorter than 5'0
    - Race... Eh, possibly.
    - Clothing style... Could be depending on what their style is.
    - Transsexual/transgender... Dealbreaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • - Tattoos
    Nope, I have one. I guess as she's not completely covered in them.
    - Piercing
    Same reasoning as tattoos.
    - Religious
    As long as they don't shove it down my throat or make me wait to have sex till marriage.
    - Disability
    Depends on the disability
    - Mental illness
    Depends on the mental illness and how severe
    - Political views
    As long as she's not an extreme hardcore conservative
    - Smelly
    Only if she's unwilling to wear perfume or change that
    - Balding/hair loss
    yes, that'd be a deal breaker
    - Fat
    only if she's obese
    - Not good looking
    yes, there has to be at least SOME physical attraction
    pets no, children sorta. I mean it depends on the scenario like if she's expecting me to raise the kids or the kid's father is still in their life with lots of drama involved.
    - Height
    No shorter than 5'0 and no taller than 6'2
    - Race
    nope
    - Clothing style
    I've never turned down a girl because of her clothing style. i guess it'd have to be really out there for that
    Nope, what transgender/transsexual does is their business. I just won't date one.

0|1
    0|0
  • Religious could be a deal breaker if they're the type to try to force me to believe what they believe
    For disabilities and mental illness it depends on what kind
    Political view
    Smelly
    Balding
    Fat
    Not good looking
    I'd date a transgender guy if he looked and sounded like a real guy. And if he has a working dick.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have many but you asked for one. That would be smoking

0|1
    0|0
  • Tattoos and Piercings. She has demonstrated a lack of foresight. Tattoos and piercings will limit your Job prospects. Tatoos get ugly with age.
    Political view (NO SJWs/Libs). Youtube has an abundance of videos on female SJWs who cannot articulate with examples of what they are demonstrating about.
    Smelly. Good hygiene is always a good thing.
    Fat. They don't care about themselves. LTRs are out of the question due to future health problems caused by being overweight.

0|1
    0|0
  • (Tattoos)
    Only a dealbreaker if she has lots of them, I don't mind a few that don't cover up a lot of skin.

(Piercings)
    Dealbreaker, except earrings of course.

(Religious)
    As an atheist, I would only date atheist, agnostic or Christian. Any other religion would only cause too much stirrups.

(Disability)
    That mostly depends on what kind of disability it is and how it would affect our relationship?

(Mental illness)
    Complete dealbreaker.

(Political view)
    I'm mostly right wing, she can be anywhere from the middle to right. No leftists though, period.

(Smelly)
    I'm a hygiene freak, so that would be a complete dealbreaker.

(Balding/hair loss)
    Dealbreaker.

(Fat)
    Dealbreaker. Landwhales aren't my thing.

(Not good looking)
    It's a dealbreaker, of course. I need to be attracted to that person if I want to be serious with them.

(Partner having children and pets)
    I don't mind pets unless she has a cat as I'm allergic to them. Having children from another guy is a dealbreaker, as I want my own kids.

(Height)
    She has to be the same height as me or a little bit shorter.

(Race)
    I'm open to dating all races, though I tend to be mostly attracted to white girls and sometimes black girls.

(Clothing style)
    I don't like alternative, hipster, grunge styles that most university girls are wearing these days. I prefer just casual or punk which I think is the best.

(Transsexual/transgender)
    Instant dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tattoos, piercings, balding/hair loss. but if she is bald because she has or had cancer then its no problem for me, i would be happy to date her then. instead i would also go bald then so she would feel better. and fat and also clothing style

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh smelly is easy on top 3 but for the first one piercings and mental illness are toe to toe

0|2
    0|0
  • smelly, fat, religious

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I can't stand smelly
    Sorry😱

0|1
    0|0
  • - Tattoos - depends on place, size and amount. But it would be good without them
    - Piercing - deal-breaker
    - Religious - i just don't see myself dating non-christian, althought i'm not into religion too much
    - Disability - probably deal-breaker
    - Mental illness - depends. Anxious issues - probably ok, Obsessive–compulsive disorder - same.
    - Political view - not really. We just have to respect opinions of each other. It would be more likely that my political view can be deal-breaker for her
    - Smelly - deal-breaker. However if it can be fixed and she does something for it then that's fine
    - Balding/hair loss - will sound shallow but deal-breaker
    - Fat - deal-breaker
    - Not good looking - she doesn't need to be a model and have ideal body, but at least cute. I mean not anybody has to like her but there should be something attractive for me
    - Partner having children and pets - how can you equate children and pets? pets- sure, children - depends on situation but more likely that deal breaker
    - Height - just don't be higher than me probably
    - Race - yes, deal-breaker
    - Clothing style - style doesn't matter as long as it suits you and you look good in it.
    - Transsexual/transgender - huge dealbreaker

0|0
    0|0
  • i think smelly is a pretty obvious one

0|1
    0|0
  • - Tattoos nope
    - Piercing nope
    - Religious nope
    - Disability yes
    - Mental illness yes
    - Political view depends
    - Smelly yes
    - Balding/hair loss depends how bad it is
    - Fat yes
    - Not good looking depends how ugly
    - Partner having children and pets yes to children no to pets
    - Height depends. its a deal breaker if she's shorter than 5'0 and taller than 5'11
    - Race nope id date any race i find attractive
    - Clothing style depends
    - Transsexual/transgender hell no

0|0
    0|0
    • My opinions.
      - Tattoos and piercing may be deal breakers if that's too much and if I doesn't like the look of them. But a few tattoos and ear piercing is fine.
      - Religion isn't a deal breaker as long they aren't too conservative or strictly religious who expect me to follow their rules.
      - I prefer my partner to have similar political view as me. But I'm fine with some disagreement. I prefer my partner to be liberal, LGBT+ friendly and gender-equal. Racism, sexism etc. is a big no.
      - Disability & mental illness: Depends which type and how severe it's. Mental illness is usually a big no.
      - As long the person is good looking and have a great personality, balding isn't a deal breaker. But wig may be a solution. I prefer hair.
      - Fat/chubby is a big no. The partner also have to be good looking, or it's hard to attract me.

• - Both children and pets are deal breakers. It's not my thing.
      - I prefer my partner being 170 - 180. But if the hotness level are high enough, maybe being too short isn't a deal breaker.
      - Race isn't a total deal breaker for me, but I've my preferences and certain features are unattractive for me. But some of the unattractive features are more common for some ethnicity than others.
      - I dislikes certain clothes and hairstyle. If I dislike them enough, it's a major turn off.
      - Transsexual/transgender: As long they are cis-passing, it's fine. They have to look, dress and behave like my preferred gender..

• I'm asexual and aromantic so everything is a deal breaker for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • transsexual /transgender.
    simply because I am happy with natural straight girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smelly, and transsexual/transgender are immediate deal breakers

0|1
    0|0
  • I think first thing is beliefs and we have to be going the same way

0|0
    0|0
  • Every single one of them.

0|0
    0|0
    • My opinions.

• - Both children and pets are deal breakers. It's not my thing.
      - I prefer my partner being 170 - 180. But if the hotness level are high enough, maybe being too short isn't a deal breaker.
      - Race isn't a total deal breaker for me, but I've my preferences and certain features are unattractive for me. But some of the unattractive features are more common for some ethnicity than others.
      - I dislikes certain clothes and hairstyle. If I dislike them enough, it's a major turn off.
      - Transsexual/transgender: As long they are cis-passing, it's fine. They have to look, dress and behave like my preferred gender.

• You're almost a complete opposite of me. Idc about most of these unless I'm taking the girl seriously.

- Tattoos = No. Piercings only if they have too much.
      - Religion is serious to me. If she is athiest = BIG no.
      - The same goes with political views. I won't seriously date anyone who is liberal at all.
      - I don't date people with mental problems (ex: Bipolar disorder, anger management, etc.)
      - I've never met a woman who's balding so that's not a problem for me 😂 But I agree with you on appearance, if she's not at least semi attractive and if she's fat that's a big no.
      - I can handle whatever personality as long as she's traditional and submissive.
      - Kids = HUGE NO. Pets = Depends how many.
      - Height = Doesn't really matter as long as she's not too short.
      - Race = No. I'm not racist but I prefer stay in my race.
      - Trans = NO. Never. Deal breaker.

Basically, if I'll only enter a serious relationship with a traditional and conservative woman.