"Ignore hot girls and they'll throw themselves at you". Does that really work?

Is there any truth to that statement at all? Because if I ignore women, this weird thing happens: I get ignored back.

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmfao no. They'll go for the first guy that shows he gives a damn. Who would pay mind to someone who plays childish games or who shows no interest?

Bitch, bye!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that advice works very well, either.

What Girls Said 4

• If someone ignores me ill just ignore them or not bother with them since they act like they aren't interested or anything

• i can't see how that could work unless you are already a hot girls secret crush

• I don't think so.

• Only if they were into playing those sorts of games. Most would just move on

What Guys Said 3

• First of all this only works on girls who are insecure and very needy for attention, second of all you have to do more than just ignore them. A typical scenario like this is if a girl is obviously fishing for compliments or trying to get your attention and she's used to guys giving it to her, so when you just ignore her instead she gets more and more desperate for attention and end up "throwing themselves at you".

I just want to clarify that by no means are all girls like this, but there are definitely a fair amount of girls who are this way.

• The problem with hot girls is that they get hit on all the time. I mean, a lot a lot. So all you have to do is not act like all the other guys. That doesn't mean ignoring them - it means just not being too eager.

I've found the best way of doing this is to genuinely not give a fuck if you get with her or not.

• it works for hot guys.