Should I contact this guy on facebook?

Last semester (Fall 2016), there was a guy in one of my classes I was interested in, although I had never talked to him. I would catch him watching me throughout the semester but am also not really sure if maybe he was just looking my way and wasn't really looking at me.

On the last day of class he turned around and started talking to me out of the blue. It completely freaked me out because, 1) I really hoped he would talk to me before the semester ended and 2) I'm extremely shy. But instead of taking advantage of the situation, I shut down and came off as really standoff-ish. The professor announced that we had to take the final and he had to stop conversation. He never introduced himself nor did I. I would like to think he was trying to get to know me right before the semester ended, but I really don't know what his intentions were.

I feel horrible because I might have passed up a really good thing, but also because I think I might have come off as downright rude and uninterested. It was a fairly small class, so I knew his name and I think he probably knew mine. I found him on facebook and don't know what to do. Add him, send him a message? I'm scared of coming off as creepy but also scared I might regret it if I never try. We have no mutual friends. The last day of class was early December, so it's been a few months. Would it be just a little creepy or super creepy? Will a message explaining myself make it a little less creepy?

*Also, I don't go to the same school anymore but I am still in the same city. So, running into him on campus is not a possibility. We also have no mutual friends

• Sure, take a risk.
  • No, that's creepy as hell.
  • Other
    Vote C

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Adding him and saying "hi" and discussing your experiences with the class shouldn't be too creepy. You might be able to build something that way.

Telling him how you desperately wanted to talk to him and had a huge crush on him might be a tad creepy.

Just keep it casual and light initially and you should be fine.

• Creepy is more a mindset than something that boils down to a specific course of action (though some actions are definitely creepy). If you adopt a casual and friendly mindset in general instead of a shy one nervous about being creepy all the time, you'll generally be less creepy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Live is too short to live with "what ifs"

What Guys Said 7

• first of all its not a risk at all , maybe he likes you maybe not, this is the way it is , it was and it will be , so dont over think it , if you like him. just send him friend request or something , I don't know i never used facebook...
    and it is not creepy , creepy is me telling my ex i love spaghetti over her.

• I haven't met too many dudes that actually enjoy socializing on Facebook. Most of them prefer face to face or a phone call (not text messaging, but an actual call).

• Do it. It will be okay.

• go for it!
    would it be creepy if he looked you up on fb?

• You should definitely go for it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• yes take the risk

What Girls Said 4

• If you want it go for it, an explanation is cool just saying like hey I thought ab our class together and wanted to look you up, was interested in becoming friends anything

• Add him I did that already we started taking right away add him and wait for him to send you a message if he doesn't make the first move.

• Go for it, take risks. What do you have to lose?

• Let him contact you