Is it wrong to change your behavior to please my boyfriend?

I've been seeing this guy for quite while now and I really like him. Like lots. He is the sweetest guy and I don't often feel this connection... there is just one thing.

He loves making sure that I'm always dressed warmly. I think he feels like he is protecting me, and making sure I'm comfortable before we go out.

So I wear leggings under my jeans (he loves that), I have a big warm parka I zip up all the way, I wear turtleneck sweaters, gloves, hats, scarves, boots. Now I don't really *have* to do any of that, I'm fine just dressing normal, but is it weird that I like to do this to please him?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, it is incredibly unhealthy to change who you are for someone else. BUT, what you are describing to me isn't changing who you are to please someone, it's making someone more comfortable by doing things (wearing warm clothes) that don't ultimately change who you are as a person. This is making concessions, compromising to make someone comfortable. I see no issue with this at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depend how far it go but this is good. I don't see nothing wrong with that.

What Guys Said 3

• You should never have to "change who you are" for someone. Guaranteed that if you do at some point you'll end up resenting the other person and the relationship will end. That said, I don't think this situation is asking you to change yourself or that your boyfriend is demanding that you do anything that you really find objectionable. I'm curious, are you sure he's asking you to bundle up to keep warm or is he hiding you from other guys attention?

• It's wrong to change your behaviour, but it's not wrong to wear things he likes. Why should it be wrong to please him?

• Only if it will please you too!

What Girls Said 1

• yes definitely. kinda seems like he is trying to keep you hidden, covering you up. very peculiar.