Are we friends with benefits or DATING?

So I've been seeing a guy I've known several months for about 3 weeks now... we watch movies at his place, go to dinner, breakfast, movies and mini golf so far... we grocery shop together sometimes and cook together, he kisses me when he sees me, opens the car door for me. I hate to assume but he's courting right? I mean this is not friends with benefits situation, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he is "courting" you.

It doesn't sound like friends with benefits at all, but you really can't be that if you aren't having sex. (Assuming you guys aren't)

Do you think you guys can just do fun activities like that and he wouldn't expect anything in return that day?

• You mean he only does those things so he can get sex🤔

• May I message you to ask you a respectful question?

What Guys Said 6

• Am most familiar with dating, not so much with friends with benefits
    so take my opinion with a grain of salt
    this is the blueprint for... dating

• He sees you as relationship material. I was doing the same thing for a my girlfriend, but I made it very obvious from the beginning that I was looking for more than fwb's

• Thanks for your reply... well I told him I wasn't looking for friends with benefits but we never talked about it... I just didn't feel the need to he acts like a boyfriend pretty much.

• ur dating if he opens ur car door i would never do that for an friends with benefits lol

• So I should assume we're dating... not have a discussion, right?

• ya its safe to assume, if he said u weren't dating u could definitely say he was giving u mixed signs cuz thats all tell tale signs of a relationship

• Good point

• All I know is I wouldn't wait 3 weeks to initiate sex unless I had a longer term agenda with someone

• It depends largely on the fact if there are feelings... in friends with benefits the sex is more for fun. In dating it becomes more serious and you gradually start feeling in love. Except the first 1 or 2 dates.

• not a friends with benefits relationship

What Girls Said 1

• We can't be sure about that. That's a discussion that you should do with him. I don't understand why people don't discuss such things anymore.