How do I encourage my friends to start dating?

All of my friends are my age. Very few of my friends date. Usually it seems that we just couple up and then start dating. There are many of us that are single however there are very few of us that are dating, or looking for a person to date. Any advice on how I can encourage my other friends to start dating or to at least start looking?
One couple is perfect but they are both waiting for their careers. By the time they are ready to even try dating her clock will have run down and they will find it hard to have a child. I tried to talk them to try dating and to just date until their careers took off and after that then they could be married.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe point out the advantages in dating someone? Like how they could just snuggle up to someone after a long day & how nice that feels... You can't force them, but maybe make them see the light? Maybe point out that dating someone is no promise to marry them later on & that it's actually smart to gather at least some experience in dealing with a sweetheart. It's much more difficult to start a successful relationship when you're in your thirties & haven't really been with someone before.
    Don't be too direct though, just let some of the advantages of dating slip into conversations, either they'll catch on or they won't. If they still don't want to, then I guess there's not much you can.

• Thank you for actually giving advice, along with lecturing me along with "making my friends try it."

Most Helpful Guy

• My advice is to just try and get your friends together and to hang out more in mixed groups. Let nature take its course. You said a few were just coupling up that might just be how your group dates. While it is not quite what you have in mind they do slowly couple up and start dating. With the couple just try to sit them together and have them hang out together when you can. You can't force anything and you cannot do much but lightly encourage them and hint.
    While it can be argued that we only have so much time before out clocks wind down so to speak. I really don't think that is on any ones minds and I don't think that it actually affects our behavoir.

What Girls Said 2

• You can't really force them to date if they don't want to. At the end of the day, it's up to them what they decide to do. It's their lives just let them live it the way they want to.

• I know that I can't force them. I just want to encourage them into the direction of dating.

• Why don't you just leave them alone and let them make their own decisions? Life doesn't revolve around romance.

• Why is everyone talking like I'm trying to force them to date. I said encourage them not drag them against their will?

• Because you said they're not looking to date. Therefore, encouraging them to ignore their wants and pursue yours seems like you're forcing your agenda onto them. They're young. Their time isn't running out. It's very apparent you struggle with romance, and it seems like you're projecting.

• Na I don't want to start an argument but actually your projecting your annoyance of poeple trying to get you to date onto me. I just want my freinds to stop being sticks in the mud and start being more socialable.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel you, but you can't exactly force them. My friend do express the fact that they want to try dating, but they show no adamant interest to even try. Umm, what I've tried is either try to be their wingman or even tried to find people who'd be interested in them. It doesn't always work out, but one has had a pretty good date with a blind date I set him up for.

• Thanks for the advice and why does every one keep saying that I can't force them to? I'm not trying to make them do anything. I'd just like to try and get them to show some interest beyond he she is cut, or he looks handsome. O wait what never mind.

• I get what you wanna do, but it also sounds like you want them to do this on your own interest. Your intentions are bad, though. You're trying to get them to explore and live a little more. Break the friendzone barrier, I get ya. Hopefully, some will open up and give it a shot.

• Na I don't think you get it that last part was a joke. On how my friends will admit they kind of like some one and then quickly retract what they said. Honestly I just want them to explore and get out there, cause it is really weird me being like one of 3 guy/gals that is looking to date in a group of 20 singles.

• At the end of the day, you have to let your friends live their own lives.

• I know but I just want to encourage them into the direction of dating.