Is Crying and Letting Out Emotions Weak?

Hi, I'm a guy that suffers from a lot of depression and anxiety. I frequently tell my girlfriend about my feelings and shit. I'm still heavily worried though that I'll look weak to her and make her unhappy that I'm feeling the way I am. Does this stuff make me weak? Is it bad to give her my emotions?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• No I doubt she will think you are weak because you are sharing what you are going through. Does she help though? Does it help you too because you say that "I'm still heavily worried though that I'll look weak to her" so it seems to add to your anxiety.
    I think you should tell her what you need to tell her and not worry too much that she thinks your weak. I'm sure if she didn't want to be there, then she wouldn't be there.

• She helps a lot. I guess you're right, if she doesn't want to help, she wouldn't. Thanks :))

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, never show your emotions to other people, either they will not care or they will take advantage of it.

If you want to cry, cry alone but not in front of other.

Finally, don't rely on other to get out of depression, the solution is within you. I made a my take in health and fitness on depression, it is based on my personnal experience, you can have look maybe it will help you.

Good luck bro.

What Girls Said 3

• If she thinks you are weak for sharing your emotions just like she does, then she's a piece of crap and you don't need her in your life. Share your feelings with her because you need to and you trust her. She should be there for you just as much as you are there for her.

Have you thought of going to a counselor to help with this?

• not weak at all

• It makes you an human. And it's great that you have someone to share it with

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!