My boyfriend told me I'm ugly?

My boyfriend and I live together, and have had many fights. We were grocery shopping and he said "you used to be beautiful until you stopped loving me". This upset me a lot. Am I over reacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he meant beautiful as in looks wise, but rather your personality

• well said

• Well, even if he was referring to your looks, you shouldn't feel that way as it's merely the opinion of a single individual. Based on what you said, it seems like he was in fact alluding to you being ugly on the inside

• so your reaction is natural, but I'd say that you two have some shit you need to work out. So I'd suggest literally sitting down with him and find where things went wrong. you'll both have to dig up negative emotions but once you both learn to open up to each other and let those negative feelings go your relationship can only get better. and don't play the blame game because that will get you nowhere really quickly whatever has been done in the past has happened because of the way you both chose to deal with things. If you've been stressed and it's really been getting to you the only way to solve it is to talk to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah he wasn't talking about your appearance - he means you as a person. Not necessarily much better but...

What Guys Said 12

• Well, he might be a jerk! but one thing that makes a woman beautiful is how she acts/treats others, It's not always about looks. and he didn't say you were ugly, he said you used to be beautiful, which is defined as "pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically" not that you're ugly which is defined as "unpleasant or repulsive, especially in appearance" so, there is a clear difference.

• so he said you're ugly or you're interpreting what you put in quotes as him saying you're ugly?

• He said "you used to be beautiful until you stopped loving me"

• So do you think i am over reacting by feeling ugly due to his comment?

• i think you two should talk about it

• He wasn't talking about physical beauty.

• It was just hurtful

• I'm not saying it was right, or any less hurtful... just that you took it the wrong way from what he said

• He meant it to you as your personality and feelings have changed and not so much about your appearance. it hurts nonetheless, but maybe you two have lost the spark.

• No, you are underreacting. Why are you still with him? Your life sounds miserable. It's past time to move out.

• Well, he didn't call you ugly... technically. He just said you aren't beautiful... lol

• lol doesn't mean you are ugly it means the moment you stopped loving him anger blinded him and your beauty is not relevant to him anymore he sees anger now.

• why have you stopped loving him? and if so why is he in relationship with you?

• He meant that towards your personality. That's harsher than calling you ugly based on looks.

• he called u ugly but he is still with u that means he love u 😍

• No, he said you'll be more beautiful if you love him.

• break up then.

What Girls Said 3

• Well that sounds like a horrible relationship

• Lmao so why are you together?
    Break up df

• What a douche