What would you do?

if your boyfriend /girlfriend asked you to convert your religion just to prove that you love them , then what would you do?

please give a description to your answer.

• Yes
    7%(2)5%(2)Vote0%(0)
  • No
    93%(26)95%(38)Vote100%(12)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
thank for your opinions guys and girls. it's really hard to give an mho for me now since all opinions are great.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not religious at all. I don't care about *any* religion. So if someone tells me to convert to some religion, it is not going to work out. They should accept me as I am- a non religious person. If they really loved me, they'd not change me. They would accept me the way I am.

But then , if they tell me to convert to their faith it clearly means they are very religious and for me it is difficult to get along with super religious people of any religion. Even if guy who has same religion as me (Hindu) forces me to do religious rituals I don't agree with, then also it will not work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he or she loves you, they would not present you with this question in the first place. You could ask them the same thing, because it's disrespectful to ask of others what you wouldn't be ready to do yourself. If he or she needs to you follow his or her religion, they do not truly love you.

• thanks I feel good for my decision in the past.

• As well you should. Trust and respect are two important factors in a working relationship. Asking the other person to change, is a sign of disrespect, as well as them not trusting you.

• yeah agreed with you. I was always been manipulated the whole time dating. we didn't enter into a relationship just because of this reason.

What Girls Said 15

• I would say yes, and I'm probably the only one at this point, but because I wouldn't enter a relationship with someone who had strongly differing religious opinions. I just wouldn't get along with them. I'd want to be in a relationship with someone who lined up with my thinking, and who could agree with me.

So i guess for me it would be more of entering a relationship willing to change because I love this person. I wouldn't enter a relationship were I passionate about a completely separate and differing belief.

• respect your opinion.
      but as a guy it is sometimes difficult If a girl is super into you (or maybe pretending to be ) . when I started to show interest, she started to manipulate me and finally on this question i gave up and hence , we didn't enter to any relationship.

• Mm. That's why I would ask this question first thing. I wouldn't avoid it and I'd get straight to the point if it were important to me, and I wouldn't wait until we were in an attached relationship.

Now if someone had similar views but slightly differing, that's something I can look past. I would never ever force my views on anyone, but I'm always up for s good polite debate. I get along just fine with my family who has different opinions about things, but they're not core issues. (Core issues being like, political, core religious beliefs, etc).

• I would say no. I love him but I'm not going to change such a big part of myself and pretend to believe in that stuff just to make him happy.

• My religion is what I believe in. I'm not going to change what I believe just because someone wants me to.

• It depends on the religion - there are certain religions I am open to converting to and there are other religions I wouldn't even think about - one of the reasons I am willing to convert is that I don't believe God punishes people for choosing the wrong religion if they live by biblical principles like do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness etc...

• Well i wouldn't do it to "prove my love". I'd do it if i were genuinely interested in that religion.

• i wouldn't do it. why should i change my religion to show my love for you when you wouldn't do that for me? why are you trying to change me if you love me the way that i am?

• awesome opinion 👏👏👏👏
      I wish you were with me so that I would have asked you to say this to her face and stop manipulating me.

• I wouldn't. I mean I don't have a religion but I have my believes and Him asking to change my believes it would be like asking for me to change who i am. Aaaand if His asking for me to change myslef than than can mean 2 things. 1. He never really loved me OR 2. He want's to change what He felt in love with (doesn't make sense).

So nope, I'm an limited edition no editing included.

• "I am an limited edition and no editing included " 👏👏👏 epic lines.

• hahaha XD Thank You thank You! IT just took me 48h to come up with that! XD hahaha

• Heeeell to the no! If they said they don't date outside of their religion and they can't date you (and leave the ball in your court), that's one thing. When they say "if you loved me, you'd do this" that's a little controlling.

• Hell no! If you think that proves love your crazy.

• that s not a sign of love
    I don t see how those 2 can be related

• I wouldn't do it because I just can't see myself converting to anything just to prove something.

• I would fuck him. I mean dump him. Lol

• Nope. Sorry they gotta accept it for what it is!. XD

• I dont have any idea

• If I have to change my own thoughts and beliefs just to please my boyfriend, I definitely don't think I would or could do it. Your bf/gf should love you for YOU. You absolutely should not have to change anything about yourself just to "prove" that you love them. If they truly loved you, they wouldn't want you to change anything about yourself because they would already love you for who you are.

What Guys Said 9

• A religion is a personal choice, and a belief that doesn't change just by what you identify with. asking a partner to change a religious belief to prove love is absolutely uncalled for, and is a good sign that the relationship is going to become unhealthy. the only time the conversation should be had is when you and your partner are debating on what religion, if any, to raise your child under. Be cautious of a person who would ask this of you.

• I wouldn't. I respect the fact that my partner would have different beliefs than me. But if she pushes it, there's no way it'd work. Plus where I live nobody is very religious and if they are , they don't push on others. Us New Englanders are pretty much either spiritual or atheists

• Nope. I'm. Agnostic, nothing will change that unless a diety directly approaches me, lol.

Converting others is cult-like behavior, people should leave people alone to believe in whatever they want.

• I would never be there. I don't believe in God and that's not going to change because it's not a choice, it's a conclusion based on the facts in evidence. So I don't date religious women.

• A very sensitive matter. Many factors like how is the relationship, what are the views of each of person towards the concept of religion etc matter. If we consider someone who is an Atheist, it's a little difficult to say yes, since they don't believe in the concept of God itself. But if it is someone who hasn't give religion a first rank in his or her priority list. Then shifting or concerting shouldn't be a problem.

• Absolutely not. I'd rather die.

• Your religion shouldn't be something you need to change. But I guess it depends on how religious you are, or how seriously you take it

• I would say no we love them but that doesn't mean we have to prove it

• they'd not accepting of another person. I'm Catholic, so no