Girls, was I too "up front" with her?

I started messaging with this girl on a dating site. She told me she was sick with some kind of virus. I made a joke about her becoming a zombie. I then told her that if she did, it would be a deal-breaker. Then I said "you're kinda cute and I wouldn't want that to be ruined". We'd already made a couple of jokes about attraction and looks. After that, she told me that she was about to temporarily close her profile because she had some things she needed to sort out.

I'm fine with it because I know people get hurt and need to heal. I'm just a bit worried that I might have been a little too "up front". She said she was enjoying our conversation though. Was I too up front? And in general, when does a guy come on too strong?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you were wrong, she said she enjoyed your convo if she was lying I don't think she woulda said that

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares whether she thought you were too much? you are a MAN. When you make a joke or say something, you OWN IT and you mean it. All of this worrying about what she thinks about what you said is not worth your time.

If you walk on eggshells, you will break more than just eggs..

What Girls Said 2

• no it wasn't, it was just a joke. she probably just didn't know what else to say/do

• Nah dude you're good. It's a dating site, what you said was completely okay.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!