Do you think relationships are meant to last forever?

Most Helpful Guy

• NO relationship is ever absolutely guaranteed to last forever, and that's just the reality of it. If you have someone then you most certainly have someone to lose, no matter what.

Instead, what I think is that if you're somebody in a relationship you should just always embrace and enjoy whatever time you can or time you have to spend with the person that you are in a relationship with, because you never know if it's going to be the last day or last time that you're ever going to see each other again, and that there might not even be "good bye".

Kind of like how they say you should always treat every day and every moment of your life as if were going to be final, and do the best that you could and enjoy whatever it is that you want to or can out of life, because if not, you won't get another chance.

"Live for the moment" i think that was the quote.

What do you think about what I just said here @Unit1?

• That's right JudgmentDay!
      "NO relationship is ever absolutely guaranteed to last forever, and that's just the reality of it. If you have someone then you most certainly have someone to lose, no matter what."
      Truth right there!
      So it would be really wise to make the most potential out of every potentially possible moment.

To add to that, the "magic" as I call it can simply be worn out at some point. This is where the hormones stop raging and the chemical reactions cease. Then if a couple is married and not loving each other anymore (much like my parents) they simply become cohabitants rather than a loving couple.

Anything can be and it's an individual experience.
      And remember:
      Nothing lasts forever!

• @Unit1 ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WE EVER FUCKING BUILT OR OWN IS INDESTRUCTIBLE OR ETERNAL EITHER!! An neither can they ever become indestructible or eternal, thus because of this then that would mean we really we can't be either, regardless of how much anybody wishes, desires or want it to be, it simply just won't last forever.

• And so are relationships.
      This is why I don't marry.
      Marriage quite literally FORCES 2 people together whether they like it or not. The magic can lose it's effects, the chemicals cease, the hormones calm down and then there are just 2 married people acting like they are cohabiting. It can only become worse if they start to hate each another and the only way to separate them both is via a divorce court. Why the fuck in the world should someone else dictate them when they are "officially" bound together or separated? It's unnatural and it's forced. Nothing works by forcing something into people. Nothing!

Most Helpful Girl

• Some relationships can last forever. It all depends if the partners are good matches for each other. If there are too many disparities in a couple then it usually resolve in too many compromises and one of the partner is not going to be happy in the relationship.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, I honestly never thought I'd be in the relationship that I'm in with my amazing girlfriend. I see myself being with her for the rest of my life and she has expressed the same to me. she is the woman I will take as my bride and I love her with every ounce of my being

• lucky, lol.

• Lucky yes, but keep in mind that you're 18. Anything might happen. I also sincerely said this in the past. And she said it back to me.
      Well now I have another girlfriend and I weight my words lots more (even if I feel something, I don't necessairly say that) D:
      Anyway the point is "do not take for granted that she'll never leave you just because of what she said today. It's not a warrancy. And you can never be totally sure of what you'll feel in 2 years"
      You might be doing the right thing as well, but just pay attention, or at least be prepared.

• @dusty_milk Thanks, i'll keep that in mind

• Well I think we have both monogamous and polyamorous insincts in us. For some their monogamous instincts may be stronger, while for others it may be the reverse.

Monogamy was probably better for promoting the development of society and creating stability, but I don't really believe life-long Monogamy is natural.

I think it makes more sense that it is natural to be monogamous for the ammount of time it would have taken for a couple to raise an infant to the point it could start to fend for itself and that after that point it makes sense to desire someone new. I think that explains why a lot of marriages start to lack passion and go sour around the 7-10 year mark.

That being said, I don't think it's bad or impossible to try and make a relationship last lifetime. I just don't think it comes naturally to us and that it requires a lot of effort to really make it work.

• No, there is no such thing as 1 lasting relationship. serial monogamy is what we're meant for.

• no, they don't.

• largely depends on the intentions of the part takers xD

• No, not necessarily. Marriages? Yes, even though they don't, due to people's selfish reasons.

• Everything points toward no.

• some oft them shure but some not

• There is something unnatural about human forming any sort of union. Man to Women, Man-Man, and women to women. All seems forced and unnatural. Trying to work things out everyday.
    I don't know why, but some how caveman era seems very organic, where man would go hunt and trade meat with having sex with a women. If she gets pregnant then the whole tribe would raise the baby together...

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, but they may not always end up looking like they do in the beginning.

• Well, this is something that nobody who is in a relation ship is will know, it's better to not expect anything, and to not predict anything. :D

• Not all relationships

• It's not realistic to believe that.