If a guy didn't get you anything for Valentine's Day what does it mean?

We weren't exclusive.

• He doesn't care about you
  • He felt weird about the situation and didn't know what to get you
  • It means nothing. Stop thinking so much.
    Vote C
  • Other?
    Vote D

1421

Most Helpful Guy

• In my perspective it would highly depends on your values and belief.
    If you weren't exclusive which means not involved enough. He could be simply confused about what to get you and how to even arrange the event without feeling awkward or send wrong signals. If you guys haven't communicated regarding this subject. There would be lots of confusion and tension for him at this aspect. He could think if he do something and it turn out wrong it would potentially ruin anything you have accomplished so far.

Besides, it depends on your belief and perspectives as i have mentioned earlier. For instance, in my perspective, i don't think people should be so obsessed with a simple event like this. Such events suppose to be a little extra excuse of generosity, forgiveness and happiness. But today it is money, financials and being materialist. The pockets determine how much someone loves another. This is not correct in my view. I don't care about Valentine and i don't hold any value for it. Anyone who is in relationship with me must be aware of that. So it is about your agreement and understanding with someone that you are in relationship with. Me and my girlfriend don't care about it. We don't need the world to declare us a day for us and allow us to love each other. Every day can be our Valentine and giving gifts or spending load of money is not a way to show our affection.

The best key is always communication. Study your opposite and reach mutual communication, understanding and agreement and express yourself openly. This way you get to know each other better as well as your values and principles.

Most Helpful Girl

• You weren't exclusive and subsequently he felt that he wasn't obligated, more than likely.

• which is a bad sign right?

• Eh, it's hard to say. He might be the type to change once you're together, or I could be wrong and he could just not be the gift giving type. Then again, he could also think it's not appropriate given that you're not in a relationship.

What Guys Said 20

• Lol are all these questions about the same guy?

Oh boy you must really like this guy...

Look I once bought something for a girl I once had a relationship with and to this day I still sometimes talk to her. When we where first talking I bought her something for Christmas, it wasn't anything crazy expensive or extravagant but it was meaningful and said a lot because it told her I was paying attention to what she would say about what she likes and everything. Let's just say she liked it so much that she showed it by giving me a present later on that day as well as showing it later on that night...

• Haha yeah it is. Honestly I'm thinking about having sex with him... tonight. Which would be my first time. So I just want to make sure we're on the same level before I get even more emotionally attached ya know?

Thanks for responding to them 😊 My mind runs at high speed lmao

• Ehhh I would kinda agree with what he said. But I will say that men, we aren't wired the same way girls are. If we like he we are already pretty much emotionally invested in her.

IF he thinks the sex was bad then he will not want to see you anymore.

Oh boy this is an even bigger situation than I thought 😅

• The thing is... it's my first time. I'm not guna be the best he's ever had lmao. So that's putting even more pressure on me

• you really seem desperate about the same guy. first try to be in a relationship with him and then expect something for him.

did you get something for him on Valentine's day?

• He may not know how you would take it or he doesn't want to give you the wrong idea.

• That he doesn't support a day which only has been established by large companies to boost their sales. Do your research.

• It means he doesn't see the relationship or your dating status the same as you. He didn't feel it was necessary because it was either very early on, or it's more casual

• Well hard to say coz for some people Valentine day is every day.. Mayb he forgot to buy u a gift like everyone..
    Or he can show how much he loves by not just buying u gift but make feel very special. This counts

• can't expect much from a guy you're not exclusively dating. did you guys at least spend time together?

• Well it could be many things but since you said you guy's were exclusive or serious he probably didn't see it as a big deal.

Commitment usually brings with it expectations and unwritten guidelines/rules if your not committed to someone then a lot of those things don't apply.

• It could mean that he's not that interested in you, or it could mean that he's just oblivious to the whole concept of Valentine's Day. Some guys, you just have to hit them over the head, and they finally get it.

• He could have been busy or in my case it was I was out of state so it got turned into a rain check and became a dinner and a night out on the city

• He hates Valentines Corporate Holidays. Most Men absolutely hate this holiday. They may still get gifts but that's because of social pressure more than anything.

• If you weren't exclusive yet, I wouldn't think much of it.

• Don't sweat it. If you're not exclusive it would actually be weird if he DID get you something!

• Other---He doesn't know what to do.

• It means he's aware of the fact that Valentine's Day is bullshit and doesn't play that game.

• it means he's not thoughtful. if im dating a girl i would get her something for valentines day even if its not official yet.

• "We weren't exclusive."

Booty calls don't get anything for Valentine's I'm afraid.

• I'm not a booty call

• So you don't sleep together, aren't exclusive.
      What exactly are you then, acquaintances?
      I mean you can't really expect much if you aren't exclusive.

• You're thinking too much.

• doesn't mean anything. im single, does that mean i have to get somebody something?

• Valentine's Day is another stupid commercial holiday. It's about profit, not love. What about the other days of the year? THAT should be your focus!!!

What Girls Said 13

• It doesn't Matter what Special Occasion, nor if One, hun, is Exclusive or Not. It has to Start from the Heart, and Come from this Part.
    Knowing my own Heart, I would think Twice of being so Nice. I would have been very Disappointed. xx

• it's nothing, really, it's normal, I would not expect my man to give me anything for Vday, as long as he is with me, that's what matters :D

• "Weren't" meaning you aren't a thing anymore?

So I take it you were kind of hurt he didn't get you anything.

I know more people who don't celebrate Valentine's Day than people who do. I wouldn't read anything into it.

• Mmm nothing at all? Not even a small gesture? He's either a cheap ass or he doesn't want to be serious with you, at least not for now, Maybe he is hesitating.

• By itself, it doesn't mean much. But it does mean you need to talk to him more about both of your expectations for this relationship. My current SO didn't get me anything for our first Valentine's either. But he had never really celebrated it before, and he had told be before hand that he was likely to forget it if not reminded. So I wasn't overly upset when he did forget it. He made it up to me later. This year he got me a necklace and a broach. =)

He knows Valentine's day is important to me (I'm a very gift giving type of person :P ), so now he does his best to celebrate it for me. I don't expect anything big. As I told him last year, I'd be happy with an origami t-rex (he made one for me when we were first dating :) ).

If Valentine's day is important to you, you need to let him know. If he doesn't want to celebrate it ever, then you need to decide if you're ok with that.

• It could be many things.
    1. He doesn't have any feeling towards u
    2. He dont know what to give u as ure not exclusive yet, and maybe thought it will give u the meaning that he likes u but he's afraid u won't feel the same
    3. Its not just his thing. Some guys are not all chocolate and flowers type, although they love u and show it to u somehow

• He probably didn't know what to do.
    He would have probably done something if you two were exclusive. Maybe he just didn't know and didn't wanna make things weird?

• Option C

• He doesn't care that much about you... so I voted 'other'.

• He forgot or we was thinking it wasn't important since you both aren't exclusive.

• Y'all weren't exclusive so it doesn't mean he has to get you anything.

• Did he ask to see you on Valentine's Day? If so then he cares, because it's really just to make you happy bc most guys don't care about Valentine's Day.

Or if it's the beginning of dating and he didn't even ask to see you then maybe he doesn't know much like many people date a few people at once and he didn't know if you were going out with someone else or he is going out with someone, etc

• He's a jerk