Guys that aren't goth, would you date a gothic or punk-ish girl? Thoughts on a lot of makeup?

I feel like this sounds so stupid. But... I have this new crush on a guy at college. I go to a private college and I haven't made any friends. Most of the girls are preppy, blond, and bubbly. I grew up in a city and around a lot of punks and whatever, so it's kinda how I am. I don't know why I chose this school. Anyways, I wear a lot of makeup, sometimes over the top with red shadow and huge wings and liner and red lips. I don't even notice wearing it anymore because it's my staple. I love it and I love doing it. I dress in black, have a bob and bangs, etc. Normally I never feel insecure about it. Actually, at my school every guy I've asked out or met hasn't rejected me. However, this guy is more nerdy than them, and I just feel like he won't ever like me. Any guys out there who aren't goth or punk who want to offer what they think? I'm not over the top goth, my clothing is actually pretty plain (black shirt and jeans) it's mostly my makeup.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she was attractive, they would.

What Guys Said 6

• My opinion might be biased because I've never seen a gothic chick that wasn't fat and/or ugly. The style in general just might not be attractive to me, with all the "plain" clothes that are all in black, the accessories and the piercings, and the makeup that intentionally makes you paler than what you actually are while wearing darker lipstick/eyeshadow and what not. I suppose I would not immediately deny meeting a gothic woman, though, but there comes a time in life where she should probably just drop the labels.

Extra points if she likes metal and is kinky in the right ways, but this holds for any woman.

• i don't see why i would. our interests would most likely be completely fucking opposite.

• Too many daddy issues to deal with when dating a girl like that I'm afraid.

• I'm not goth but I've always found goth girls sexy

• There was a girl on here I thought was hot
    She was gothic
    But she deactivated 😭

• not at all

What Girls Said 0