Do you think vulnerability is the true foundation to starting a relationship?

I think so many people play games as their way of building a relationship, but is that really they key to a good romance? Or is it vulnerability, the ability to be open and honest with someone?
For example, some people play all their cards very strategically, but I have found when people do this, they provoke insecurities in the other person and it actually pushes them away.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but many people are insecure for all the wrong reasons that they take way too much time to share their personal beliefs. The sad state is that when someone wants to open up and be vulnerable as a sign of having trust, people think it's odd and too frank and distance themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont believe in games I speak openly and so when a guy tries to get me by using his strategic games I find it unattractive I have left my dating game life in high school and now I just say what I want. I could just come up to someone and say I like you do you wanna hang out, when the time is right I'd ask if this is going anywhere. If yes then fair, if not then I'll leave. If I am about to be in a relationship with someone it means I get to be completely honest and I would expect him to be too even if the topic is unpleasant or sensitive. I mean Im the kind of girl that will say "babe I cut my vagina a little while shaving today Im so clumsy". That's as straightforward as I get and I expect my man to be like that too 😂

What Guys Said 1

• ... To be in a relationship with someone else, you must be comfortable with sharing your heart with the other person and they must be comfortable doing the same with you. If you cannot share your thoughts, past and heart with the other then there will be issues.

What Girls Said 1

• No games are stupid and I'd never get into a relationship with anyone who likes to play them. Vulnerability is the key in my opinion. I'm open and honest about what I want from the very beginning.