Is the movie "Get Out" a representation of the reality of interracial couples in America?

This morning i saw an Ad about said movie, and i found it to be very interesting, since i didn't know blacks in America were treated with such low respect?

I'm not an English speaker hope you understand.

• Yes, interracial dating is a problem in America
  • No, it's just a movie exaggerating the racial issue some interracial couple face
oh

78

Most Helpful Girl

• They aren't... they treat each other way worse than anyone else treats them. Some black women will freak out when they see a black man with a white woman.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think is depends on where you live honestly and what kind of couple you are. Urban, urban-suburban areas not so much. Suburbs people may care, bumblefuck, hell yes. Also from my experience, especially in black and white couples it's two undesirable people together. If you are a a good looking and successful couple people freak out. I have friends in black-white relationships, they both made terrible mistakes in their lives and no one cares they are together. Some of them are over weight too. I'm black, been considered handsome many times, work part time, air force veteran, college sophomore with an AA and some certificates and I dated a really pretty white girl before. And like every two weeks something would come up. I was accused of being her drug dealer, holding her hostage, black guys got jealous because they only dated sucky white girls and black girls would say she was stealing all the good black men. I mean we fell apart for other reasons but it got ridiculous

• I think it depends on who the couple is also, like not a single black woman in america shed a tear when Flava flav dated Bridgette nielsen and not a single white person cared. But watch Will Smith date a white girl. all hell with break loose

What Girls Said 6

• Its not the representation today but it's an interesting take on that for sure

• Lol it's a horror movie pal

• i don't think it's that dramatic

• I haven't seen it.

• Haven't seen the movie. But I do know for a fact that black dudes n white chics in interracial flings are deep into hypnosis playing the hypno sex slave game. It looked and sounded kinda weak though. The slave game my girlfriend, her dad and I played back when I was like 13 was the business.

• Yeah, happens all the time in america, black people go into the suburbs and then get brainwashed, killed and kidnapped by all the white suburbanites...

STAY AWAY FROM THE SUBURBS... THE MOVIE PROVES IT!!!

• Clever I see what you did there.

• @willwhitez

I guess since the asker is not from america i should give him a break, however i think that this type of a movie does disservice to interracial couples everywhere by associating a real societal issue with utter ridiculousness. Then again it's just a movie.

• You almost had me well played

What Guys Said 7

• Basically an exaggeration but it's close in terms of how people can judge harshly of interracial relationships.

I'm usually in an interracial relationship because I don't have a preference and I can honestly tell you how many times I have to sit there and ignore the signs of hidden racism or being under a microscope.

I remember one time I was dating this girl and her father said out loud "he would be the perfect guy for my daughter if he wasn't black" , it took every ounce of my strength not to go over to him and knock him senseless but I felt like that's what he was expecting.

It's common but it's something people just have to get used to till the previous generation dies off so they can take most of the racism with them

• I been with my mixed wife for 15 years. The only time I hear anything about it I when I'm asked has your relationship been hard people not liking you too together. We'll no everyone seems jealous we are so happy honestly.

• Yeah it is completely accurate, when a black man dates a white woman we proceed to hypnotize him and turn him into a mindless zombie. Where are you from anyway?

• Is this a Trump production...

• It's just a movie.

• how is interracial dating a problem?

• It is major problem here in America! No one wants to admit it but it is true!