Would you date someone your friends hate?

• yes
  • no

2512

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I wouldn't date anyone, let alone a person who my friends hate because I'm asexual and aromantic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did date someone that many of my friends disliked. However, by that point I had already known him for four years and had already been with him for a year so I felt that my opinion of him was more valid than theirs. They thought that he was possessive and controlling because when we went out together he spent a lot of time with his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder when it was really because he was being grumpy and sleepy and was putting most of his weight on me :P I took their opinions on board but I didn't agree with any of them since he'd never been possessive or controlling all the time I knew him and I didn't consider hugging me to be either of those things in that context. I appreciated them looking out for me but what they thought of him didn't actually matter much.

What Guys Said 11

• My friends are generally a decent barometer on how people are. Besides, I'm not giving up much longer friendships for some pussy.

• Women I've dated learn prior to meeting any of my friends that if they even slightly offend them, they're gone. They don't even need to give me a reason. "I don't like her." Gone. Bros before hoes every time, no questions asked.

• Yes. But what is that reason they hate her/him? if it's something bad. Stay away. But if it's just ridiculous. than they will have to deal with it.

• It depends on why they hate her. If it's something petty, then I would absolutely be (continue) dating her. I'd find better friends if that were the case.

• Yup. Most of my friends do hate my boyfriend actually

• What my friends thinks of the person I date does matter, but what I think of her matter more

• I would follow my own heart and not what my friends think of someone I'm dating.

• I'd have to figure out why they hate them first

• Yeah Because I would be less likely to discuss my problems in the relationship with them.

• Yeah of course I'm capable of independent tho

What Girls Said 24

• i can't imagine dating someone my friends hate. my friends tend to LOVE the guys i'm interested in.

• It really depends. I've had some friends who hated each other, but they knew absolutely nothing about each other, I sat them both down and they wound up becoming better friends with each other than me (There are no hard feelings between any of us, they just have more in common). So if my friends have legitimate reasons for disliking that person, I'll leave him be but if they simply don't know the guy well or had a small misunderstanding, I'd try to see if we could all work it out. My friends are really reasonable and aren't petty so this situation would be pretty simple.

• It depends on how solid their reasons are for hating them. If they're concerned about a legitimate problem that could hurt me down the line, I might listen. If it's something petty, I'll expect them to deal with it for the sake of our friendship.

• Yes and even More in Store, who my own Parents would Hate as my Date or Mate.
    Makes Me all the More determined to Prove them Wrong. xx

• Not out of spite but if we truly like/loved each other then yes. They aren't the ones that have to be around him.

• I'm secretive... I don't tell anyone that I am dating someone at times. Though, if I do have my friends meet the guy/girl... he/she is most likely a catch!

• Depends on how much of a friend they are. My best friend, of course. My normal friends, no. Only if they liked him first I wouldn't date him.

• Dated him... we're getting married. The friends eventually came around.

• Yea, they aren't going to make love to me, marry me, and have babies with me. Of course I'm not gonna date some mean troll guy. But if my friends didn't like a guy, too bad :/ it's my heart

• I give zero about what my friends think, they're not dating my boyfriend the fuck

• No, i wouldn't

• I am not sure... lol

• If I truly knew myself that the person was nice, respectful, and understanding, the yes. If there was a good reason my friends disliked this person, then no. Don't base your decisions on what others see in someone. All that matters is what you see in them. Also, consider how your friends may feel. Talk to them about the situation and if they're your true friends, they'll understand I'm sure.

• hehehe my best friends hate everyone that comes near me :D

• My friends don't really hate people for no reason so I guess that'd never happen to me?

• i have done it before, and will probably do it again lol

• Of course.

• Yes If I love him I would

• No. My friends don't hate anyone... if they hated him there would be a really good reason.

• why not i will be wityh him not my friend

• It depends on what friend. I don't trust all of my friend's judgement. There is only one I trust with nearly everything. And still not fully.

• Yes I would

• Yes, my friend's opinions are irreverent. It's me who is dating him, not them. They know better than to tell me they don't like him.

• I don't have any friends... 😐