What does it mean if he calls me high maintenance & Do you think high maintenance girls get the good guy?

just wanted to talk to him and get to know him until we met up and he said he wouldn't be able to talk today and I thought that was odd and thats when he called me high maintence and went into more detail on how he doesn't have time to talk all the time etc.

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest... Not every guy would interested in high maintenance gal since, she would be obsessed with her look... Spend money and time trying to get a good look or designer clothes... Until she's about 60's she would cut it down like stopped rolled her hair and cut down on beauty just to apply lipstick and powder. I have seen mid aged ladies changed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen too many of those. They are the " string you along" type guys. They think your" needy" when you simply would just like to have a human interaction and talk on the phone or have a date night. These are the non commitment types. They try to pry on your insecurities because it hooks us without them putting effort in. Best thing you can do is nothing. Don't react to anything he does. Be what you think you would want your sister to do if she was dating a guy like that. And yes, having high standards is the best thing you can do for yourself. I learned the hard way. Look you YouTube M. A 2.0 he has great advice.

What Guys Said 9

• High maintenance means needing lots of attention and it's not a good thing

• It means he's not that interested in you.

• It's another phrase to say "You are a LOT of trouble". Emotional drama is usually the case.

• It can drive a guy mad sometimes but yes you can get a good guy.

• that's not possible

• It means that you're never satisfied and so called good men will probably avoid you like the plague.

• If you require a constant attention as in communication 24/7. That could be the reason I know that drives me absolutely crazy

• High maintenance basically means you need a lot of attention, or from his point of voew anyway

• It means your an expensive whore and he does't have the money constantly trick you.

What Girls Said 10

• High maintenance can mean several things but in this case it means he's just not that interested in you. Sorry. Focus your efforts elsewhere.

• In this situation it sounds like he's calling you high maintenance because he thinks you're demanding his time.

• Men like high maintenance. I'm low maintenance and it turns men off. Or I guess they want something in between like "mid maintenance" lol

• Why would it turn men off?

• @Highpower yes! That's pretty much it. They like my low maintenance personality but when they realize it comes with sweats and t shirts, it's like oh. Damn. Put on lip gloss at least

• Lots of guys like all that extra stuff. I don't even care for make up or lipstick but lots of guys do. Some pretend not to but even I have to admit it true.

• I think in this situation he means that you are too much work... he doesn't have time for you... too much trouble

• It means you are annoying him.

• He technically saying that you want too much and he's doesn't have time for you. It's not a good thing but the right guy will come along eventually.

• The term "high maintenance" is often portrayed in a negative light. It carries the stigma of splurging on material goods to buy a girl's happiness, which is something that is looked down upon. However, some people are still tricked by looks and believe that they can win a "high maintenance" female over if they smother them with money/goods/time. This is not often the case. A good relationship requires both parties to have effective communication skills

• That you spend his money.

• He objects to having his limited time serving your abundance of time to be filled by others (him), among other trappings of yours that serve this term.
    He could be regretting he doesn't have the luxury of time to be more intimate but w/o evidence of this, he's apparently not as into you as you are into him.

If you don't want to go shopping for a replacement, your only other solution is to be patient and play his game with as little friction on him, respect for his time and enthusiasm when he does call to spend time with you... sorry but most opposites that attract each other have some sort of problem like this and they work it out

• High- maintenance means you like a lot of attention , and you need a lot of work to look good

A lot of guys assume high- maintenance means you are a goldigger, and snobby. Which is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with taking a pride in your appearance , and wanting to look your best.😊