Why do I appear to be the back burner chick?

I am a kind, smart, caring, genuine, empathetic, smart, loyal, and sometimes funny person so I don't get why this is? I can be shy but I am sick of things not working out with the guys I have liked. I have been single for almost two years now and am ready to give up because I feel like a hopeless romantic. People keep giving me false hope and it just ends up biting my ass in the end.

211

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I am sorry that guys treat you as they do as you deserve more and I hope you find someone that treats you nicely with what you deserve. Unfortunately I can't answer your questions because I don't know what those bone heads are thinking.

Perhaps the men you attract go slow with and dont let them get to much of you maybe give them a trial run XD

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you are picking the wrong guys? I don't know the guys you want/pursue, but I know a lot of my friends had this problem where they subconsciously picked guys that they knew deep inside weren't good for them. It's also possible that the guys you want to pursue are out of your league? Or are you maybe getting friend zoned, the girl they like and like to hang out with but they aren't looking to date? Perhaps you are too accommodating, there are some guys who like the chase. There are many guys who say they don't play games, but there is a certain amount of game that needs to be played, a certain amount of chasing and making them work for it. Maybe they weren't interested and were just being nice and didn't mean to give false hope. Really, the reasons could be anything, more details would be nice...

What Guys Said 10

• Because the guys you like have other options. They are desired by other women, and some of those other women are going to be better than you. If you want to be number one with certainty, date a guy who gets zero female attention (ugly, introverted, socially anxious, poor guys).

It's fairly common for girls to go after the top guys, then act all confused and hurt when they are not chosen over other girls.

In short, be patient and wait if you want the guys you like, OR lower your standards and be with the guys you don't just to have someone love and adore you.

• If that's you on the pic it's pityful but some tought I'dd be a banger, nice joke I were in the same boat and just forgot about the self pity thing. Tbh it's actually just bad luck which then you try to find reasons but there is none. You're dateable and just not in the critical mass.

• If you're on the back burner, there's a tastier dish on the front one. That's usually the case. Maybe you should evaluate where you stand and check to see if you're punching out of your weight class. In simple terms, if you're say... a 7/10, you shouldn't be trying to score a 10. 4-8 is the sweet spot in my hypothetical here.

• Sorry, but what is a back burner chick?

• Almost like a second option...

• I understand where you are coming from and why you would want to avoid the negativity. I think people resort to cheating because they are just selfish. We live in an individualistic culture that places primary focus on the persistence of pleasing ourselves. We do this through forms of instant gratification. Cheating is one of those forms. People like that want pleasure at all costs and don't take their significant other or partner into consideration. It is all selfish.

• I agree. It's terrible. I don't understand why people can't just be honest

• I think I've said this before to you but it's all in who you choose and how high your standards are.

• It maybe because people want what they can't have.

• Keep trying, have faith, and i wish u good luck !!

• love finds you, when you least expect it. that's all i know. take it or leave it

• 2 years? Compared to me that's nothing...

• cause your probably clingy

• That is definitely not it. lol I always give guys their space.

• Well then your probably going for the wrong types of men.

• Your not bad looking but it seems like your the type who must be going for guys who are players. Try an ugly guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Same girl. I don't know why we are though. Wish i knew