When someone tells you they don't want to have to care about someone right now?

Has anyone every felt like they wanted to stay single because you didn't want to have to care about someone at the time? If so, what made you feel that way? Bad experiences with dating, etc. Or is it sometimes just a cop-out to avoid telling someone you're not interested in them specifically?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I did because I was just barely 16 and wasn't emotionally ready or healthy at the time for a relationship and I recognized that and told him no and explained why.

• I could understand that. This person is in his late 20s and has been in long term relationships most of his life, only being single for the last 3-4 years. I know the last one cheated bc he was too busy working & didn't spend enough time with her. I just figured maybe he feels like that will keep happening since he works 6 days a week for 10-12 hours second shift.

• If he's only been in LDRs my guess is he's uncomfortable with actual relationships and afraid to go out of his comfort zone with an actual relationship.