Is a 40+ year old guy dating a girls in their early twenties too big of an age gap?

So I've been thinking... I haven't believed in marriage for a while now, so when I start getting old, I'll probably still be dating, and I wouldn't have had a life partner that I age with. Is that too big an age gap - dating girls 20+ years younger than you?

What I meant to say in the question is "I wouldn't have had a life partner that aged with me" lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Heck, as long as it involves two consenting adults, its fine. Age doesn't matter in and of itself, but being in two different age groups can potentially make a relationship more difficult.

My paternal grandparents were about 20 years about in age and they had trouble. They married, divorced, married, divorced. My grandma thinks that it could have worked out better when she was older, but they were done for good by then.

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't think so. I know a girl who's in her early twenties and her boyfriend is in his forties. As long as you're both happy then I don't think the age gap matters.

• I think its wrong. If you are lets say my age at 31 - you shouldn't date anybody under 21. If you are 40 you shouldn't date anybody below 26.

• It depends in the girls if they are mature enough or not

What Guys Said 6

• From a relationship coaching perspective, dating someone that is 20 years younger or older than you isn't a HUGE issue but it does lead to minor issues. BUT, having a life partner or spouse with that age gap does ALMOST ALWAYS lead to issues. Here's why:

1) Sexual appetite: It's no secret (and scientifically proven) that men and women's sex drive and peak or about ten years apart so when a younger woman is with an older man and she hits her peak, he is going to be way over his. This often leads to strain.
    2) Social comforts: Two people twenty years apart are going to generally have different ideas of what is fun and this ALMOST ALWAYS leads to conflict.

• No. It's not. Especially if you are financially stable, have a home and want to start a family.

Also, if you are in shape physically the difference isn't that striking.

• My girlfriend is 20. It works for us and it isn't anyone else's business.

When i was about 25 years old, I added up the average age of women i had slept with on the first instance. It was 23. I can do the same today and the average age is 23.

• Too big for me.

• No..

• Nah. Once 40 screw as many 20 yr olds as possible. There is no hope for them at this point.