Why do attractive girls get judges so harshly?

I'm not on the same level as a super model, but I've been told countless of times that I'm very attractive. I joined a dating website a few months ago and within 2 weeks of being on there I had over 200 plus likes, but even still I'm attracted to average looking guys. But I have a really hard time getting average looking guys to believe that I'm interested in them. They just tend to write me off as lying to them or wasting their time. Why is that? There was his one guy that I really liked but he told me that I was just trying to pull one over one him because I knew I could. Which didn't make any sense to me because I put more effort into getting to know him than he did to know me.

Other guys just write me off as being a slut or whore, or wanted attention just because of the way I look, it's very frustrating. I've had guys treat me nasty solely based off the way I look. They don't even know me yet they judge me. The funny thing is, I'm not stuck up, I'm not arrogant and I don't even believe that I'm all that nor do I believe I'm that attractive.

212

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching perspective, my thoughts:

The reason some average looking guys don't trust the intent of really pretty girls comes down to a lack of confidence and a bunch of institutional distrust. In this, they question their own looks and make the mental leap that if they don't see themselves as attractive, why would the attractive girl. Institutional distrust comes in because, as you said, there's an institutional perception that hit girls are shallow, teases, etc. and, unfortunately, that stereotype combined with an already existing low level of confidence will have an average looking guy filling his head with doubt.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Maybe they have had bad experiences with other hot girls.

Also if you have a "resting bitch face" that could make guys more likely to assume you're stuck up and unpleasant.

• they're held to a higher standard by society

• Sometimes girls thing that they are attractive , but in reality they are not. But even considering that they look attractive , when you compare girls with guys , a guy who is at 4/10 will be in more demand then a girl who is at 7. This is because girls consider 80% of the guys below 5/10. Where as men rate 50% of the girls above 5/10. So when you think that a guy is not attractive may be more valuable than you in looks. because only 20% of the guys are above 5/10 where as more than 50% of the girls are above 5/10. So 5 good looking girls are chasing 2 good looking boys. So more than average looking guys have an upper hand here against more than average looking girls.

• Their insecurities come out around you. They realize you have many options, and they aren't confident enough to take the risk of being with you and possibly falling in love only to lose you to a "better" man. They're judging you to validate their rejection of you on some flaw that you have as a way to externalize the issue instead of realizing they're the ones missing out by rejecting themselves before giving it a chance. You should look for more confident, self-assured men who can handle the company of beautiful women.

• Well instincts wise!.. Any good looking woman is on pedestal and it's hard to believe if a good looking girl is interested in you.
    Like magneto says : Never trust a beautiful woman, not the one who is interested in you.
    It's a men thing, it will take time to elaborate and can only explain you in messaging

• Funny how being too attractive is playing against you.

• Ya I said that to a girl a long time ago when I was in Grade 6 lol.

Next time just say "Excuse me, do you not KNOW you're hot?"

• Because people have high expectations for those who are seen as "perfectionists"

• if you knew what men have gone through you would understand

• I think It's because of porn

• Attractive girls get a bad rep because they're usually very shallow and have unreasonably high standards so any average guy who gets an attractive girl talking to him is going to find it difficult to believe she's being serious.

What Girls Said 1

• Bitches be jealous, "nice guys" be bitter.