Would you date or take a girl seriously who have a tatto name of her ex?

Yes or no.. Please explain why?

327

Most Helpful Guy

• I would HAVE to question her judgement - and would have a hard time overlooking not just the tattoo, but the poor judgement that led her to believe that getting it was a good - or even acceptable - idea. That is dumb on an EPIC scale (and many guys have made exactly the same mistake, and are walking around with an ex's name on them).

She would have to convince me that she KNEW how stupid that decision was, and that she'd grown and matured and found wisdom through her mistake. Only then could I find respect for her.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 26

• I would and here's why. We have all done things that perhaps we regretted down the line. I can't NOT date someone who has a tattoo of her ex without being a total hypocrite. I once had a client tell me that he wouldn't date a girl that had a tattoo of her ex and yet he was married and divorced at 24. I then asked him how he would feel if a woman told him that she wasn't interested because he had been married and divorced at such a young age. He said he's be annoyed. Exactly!

• His annoyance is hardly a measure of how dateable or desirable he is, surely? He'd be annoyed, but that wouldn't make the girl wrong for not wanting to date him. I too wouldn't want to date a girl who's been divorced around this age... maybe when I'm 40, but not a chance now. Same way I wouldn't date a girl with a tattoo of her ex. Not because of the tattoo itself, but because having decided to do it at all speaks ill the girl's personality and I'd probably best avoid her.

• Naw mate... there are some deep rooted issues in there somewhere i dont wanna find out later. Thats some clingy shit... and thats just ONE of the issues...
    ...😒 fuck the crap outta her though...
    I mean, i understand (and hopefully she does too) that it was some bad past idea, but like i said... its deep rooted. if it was to the point you had to get someone's name permanently marked on you? key word: permanent... cmon... it won't leave.

• Tattoos look great at the time you get time. But people fail to see the serious downsides of Tattoos.

First, the Ink is NOT REGULATED. Benzopyrene, Phenol and SOOT are commonly found in the Ink. As you get older, your skin changes. Its going to SAG. How are those tattoos going to look? Many hold the opinion that those who have tattoos have shown POOR JUDGEMENT. They either didn't take the time to find out the risks or they don't care about the risks! My advice, remove any tattoos that you can... and do your research on that too!

The two Articles below have a lot of info.

visual.ly/skin-deep-truth-about-tattoos-america

www.tattoodo.com/a/2014/01/tattoos-and-aging/

• No. The argument "we all make mistakes" is bs here. This isn't just a "mistake", it speaks ill of her personal qualities as some have already mentioned in their answers. I make mistakes too, but I'm not stupid enough, impulsive enough or careless enough to do THAT kind of mistake. There's a big difference between the mistakes I make and the mistakes some other people make... One mistake is not equivalent to another and I simply can't fathom ever making that kind of a mistake...

• I don't know if I'd completely rule her out but I'd most likely question her judgment.

Getting a tattoo of a family member or Blood relative's name is one thing because you're actually related, but someone you're in a relationship with or married to is stupid. Johnny Depp made that mistake with Winona Ryder. Only thing is he had the money to get it removed or covered up.

It's bad enough as is when you date someone who's hung up on their ex or keeps something that will always remind them of the ex. Either way it's a red flag.

• No.

Women who get tattoos in general have no capacity for long term thinking and understanding the consequences of their actions. Thus they are not quality relationship material because they care more about their ego's than what their actions may mean long term down the road.

• if she could remove that tattoo then it would be much easier for me. simply because if she catches feelings again for her ex, he will accept her because she has a tattoo of him even after dating me. i know that removal of the permanent tattoo is painful, it would be better if she could do it as she beared the pain of the tattoo in the first place.

• I would if she said she didn't have any feelings left for the ex and would want to remove or cover the tattoo with another one.

• Yeah, but only if they realized it was one of the dumbest things they've ever did. They would also have to be ok with me poking at it and throwing funny jokes about it.

• Yes. Women are like that at first, idealists, think it will last forever. Then they learn our nature. And if they do not become bitter they become wise.

• It depends, but leaning towards no; such a trait often denotes attachment, stupidity, codependency, and thus weakness.

• no, bc it makes me think she's impulsive.
    and it'd be a constant reminder.

• Id think its pretty stupid of her. And then wonder what other misjudgements she makes.

As much as Id like to let it slide, I just dont see any way that I could make love to a body with another guys name written on it. Shed have to remove it.
    ... And over the top, shed have to cover it with something else. With My name!!!

• No. It was a dumb idea.

• No, I wouldn't be interested. That would tell me a whole lot about her level of judgment, and I want the mother of my children to have good judgment.

• Yep and nut all over it every chance I got

• ok... im sorry... this is fucking epic... im writing this down. 😂🤣

• yes I would because we all make mistakes

• Perhaps I'd date her, but I'd have to laugh every time I see the tattoo

• Nope

• No..

• Just if she inmidately consider by her own to replace it with another tattoo.

• Yes, and she shouldn't be in love with her ex. It's a tattoo.. I appreciate that she loved her ex very much.

• Yes I would take her seriously but I wouldn't take her seriously if she spelled tattoo, tatto

• 0|1
    • What's that from?

• @bloodmountain1990 Charlton Heston laughing. Scene of the Planet Of The Apes 1968

Seeing the part of the film cracks me up (when you know why its funny).

• No.. tats are a deal breaker.

• nobody likes ex tattoo's that's why they always say , the worst tattoo to get is one of your current bf'/gf's name , cause eventually you will break up and be stuck with it
    so it would be hard to take her seriously and of course you'd wonder if she was really over him

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure I'd care. It might be a reminder of the bad moments not just the good for them. Sometimes people can't afford to have the tattoo removed, or covered over or have another reason for not getting it done. It might not have anything to do with any caring or love for the person with the tattoo.

Then there is something very different. Keeping a tattoo because the person died in memory of them. They genuinely cared for them and lost them. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think if people overly fixate on that situation that they are generating their own relationship issues. Unless the person with the tattoo is bring up and comparing the person the tattoo is about a lot to the person they are now with.

• not really