Girls, can it work with a quiet shy guy if he opens up?

I'm the type of guy who's quiet and shy but will open up and be as much as a chatterbox with the right person. However I'll still be quiet around other people. Could this still be an issue? Should I be louder?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not personally attracted to shy, quiet types. So we wouldn't be a good pair. I prefer proud, outspoken gents.

What Girls Said 22

• It isn't necessarily an issue. But you're missing out on opportunities to meet people. I used to be incredibly shy, but after I stepped out of that comfort zone, I felt a lot happier. Don't change yourself, just go at your own pace and enjoy every bit of it.

cheers

• Being shy is not an issue. But shyness can come off as not being confident. Women like confidence thats why it seems like women are attracted to the bad boys. As long as you try to update your wardrobe and try on colognes. Also try to appear interesting by learning new topics women enjoy knowledgeable men.

• It really depends but in my opinion someone who's different than others is more appealing to me. I would automatically trust him more if i've seen he's shy but just to say if it bothers you that you're shy, you can always try to working out. Me, myself is having the same issue and i'm tired of it so much so maybe i'll start taking actions. All you need it people to support you & you're good.

• I think shyness is attractive. It's intriguing. Use it to your advantage. You can attract more interesting and intelligent women that way.

• Just be yourself. That's literally all anybody wants. You'll find the person for you

• I like shy guys :) I find them interesting, sensitive and cute and I feel really special if I'm the only one he opens up to :)

• Of course it can work out! Just i mainly like shy guys, and since im also kind of shy its hard for me to talk to them and they can even be intimidating sometimes. The trick is to just get over that awkward "hello" stage lol

• Oh definitely. In fact a lot of girls find those type of people very cute, and the girl would want to be more conpassionate towards him. In my case, I would feel honoured that the guy would choose to open up to me, and would definitely consider a relationship, if not initiate one.

• You don't have to change yourself. Be yourself. Stay yourself.

• Nope. I'm the same way. I'll talk your ear off and can be goofy, but there are people that I'm more reserved around.

• Not an issue I'm the same

• Yeah certainly! I actually like shy guys more because I feel like their committed to a relationship more than a typical guy.

• Not an issue. Many girls like that.

• sure it can...
    and just be yourself

• I'm a girl and same as you. I'm very shy so its easier for me if the guy isn't and takes the lead. But shy guys are cute and I'm sure people will take the time to know you.

• yes it can work be yourself

• Definitely

• Nah you be you. Some girls like shy guys who knows a girl might like making the first move.

• There's actually a lot of girls that prefer shy guys, they find them cute. And I would actually feel quite honored if a guy was shy around everyone else but opened up around me

• I'm cool with it as long as he's willing to take chances when necessary

• No, don't change. That's sexy. A man who is closed to the world but open just for me. Perfection.

• I think it's okay to not open up right away, I don't like loud people. But you need to gain more confidence.