Emotional Connection after messaging for one night?

So pretty much I saw a guy posting depressing statuses on Facebook and I felt drawn to reach out and give him some encouraging words. I sent him some quote images that relayed to his situation. Anyway he was immediately thankful and we ended up messaging each other until about 5 in the more (which was a couple hours ago)

Normally he wouldn't be my type because he's kinda thuggish but I feel like I'm drawn to him and I feel like there's a emotional connection already even after just one night of messaging. Now it's almost 8 and I still can't sleep because my mind is stuck on him.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this or am I crazy? If you have, what's your story?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I have not experienced it but from a relationship coaching perspective you're not crazy. This is perfectly natural. The relationship trifecta for women is emotional, psychological and physical, in that order. You'be developed an emotional connection with him and now your wondering about it, exploring it, etc. very normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, this tends to happen to me. And the guy can pretty much have nothing going for himself. Meaning nothing I can see myself growing with other than the good convo. I now look at the bigger picture, and avoid having talls with guys on the regular who I am not interested in. Because i dont want to find myself getting attached especially if I know he isn't right for me.

What Guys Said 1

• that is totally normal, i have also experienced this too before

What Girls Said 1

• I've experienced this... I had feelings for a guy after messaging him for the first time.. Personally I almost think it's better, because you like someone for who they are (yes, most people will say that they don't care about looks, but looks will mostly always effect how one person sees another)... So you aren't mad, I think it's really sweet