Asked him out but he said maybe?

So I'm a junior in hs, and I've been intensely crushing on this guy for the past couple weeks. I don't know him as a person yet, but for some reason, I can't stop thinking about him. I do know a lot about him though because I stalked his social media (ask. fm and Instagram) and asked about him through my friends. They all say that he's a really really kind guy, who's kind of an introvert and not very self-confident. I actually met him at Precalc tutoring a couple weeks ago, and he helped me with a concept I didn't understand, and all I could see was how good-looking I thought he was. I don't mean to be rude, but for some reason, he's never had a girlfriend and hangs out with some really nerdy guys who are into video games and stuff. I don't really mind that he's a gamer because he's such an amazing person and I really like the way he looks lol. He's the only person I could see myself with at prom. Anyway, so about 2 weeks ago, I went up to him and asked him to help me with my math hw again. He didn't remember our old tutoring session from 2 months ago, but that's ok. After that, I said hi to him a couple times a day. He always responded back, but never said hi first. I don't know what got into me yesterday, because we were all finishing up a math test after school, and just as he was heading out
I was like "can I talk to you for a sec?"
he was like "sure"
me: You seem like a really nice person, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime"
him: "maybe, I'll have to check my schedule"
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? It was a bad, super impulsive decision on my part to ask him to hangout considering we don't know each other, my guy friend who knows him said that he wishes he could get girls, so I thought he would say yes. What would you do in this situation if you were him? Is he creeped out considering we've never had a conversation besides something about math (we don't have any classes together but we have the same teacher) and I've only ever really said "hi (name)" to him

11

What Guys Said 1

• It's a pussy rejection

What Girls Said 1

• Fuck him. Don't be with someone who says "maybe". Be with someone who would be thrilled to date you.