Why do some males say that they want one type of female but only date/go after something completely different?

I have a friend that I have feelings for, and sometimes he seems like he feels the same way about me. However, we now live about 8 hours apart and he is a bit too much of a realist so he sees no potential there. We remain friends though, and he's described the exact type of female he's looking for, which is someone exactly like me. But all the girls that he talks about and goes on dates and hooks up with are nothing like the classy, easy going, 'doesn't sleep with you on the 1st date' , doesn't like partying all the time type that he describes wanting. He says that he wants a serious relationship, and all these things but then repeatedly ends up with women he met at a bar, or in tinder, who slept with him the same day they met him, etc etc. It just doesn't make sense. He claims to know what he's looking for but always ends up with people who are the opposite of that and then wonders why it didn't work out how he had hoped. Why does he do this?

**Note, wasn't trying to imply that only males are guilty of this. I've seen plenty males and females both do this same thing**

12

What Guys Said 2

• Women commonly do the same thing, say they want one type of guy, but then sleeps around with a different kind of guy.

• Oh for sure, didn't realize that I'd accidentally made it sound like only males do this. Thanks! :)

• sometimes guys will get what comes easiest to them

What Girls Said 1

• Because he's a hypocrite and values sex over a serious relationship. I've seen it happen many times