Do non-White guys really think it's easier for White guys to find dates?

I know this is a bit of a weird question, but please hear me out. I'm about as White as somebody can get (I'm of Icelandic and Irish ancestry), and I have two roommates. One of my roommates is Black, and the other is Asian. We all get along really well together and they're great roommates, but we had an interesting conversation.

We were hanging out earlier today, playing some DOOM, just bullshitting and having a good time. The topic turned to girls (let's face it, when a group of guys in their twenties start talking, girls are bound to come up eventually).

One of my roommates asked me, "So, have you finally got a girlfriend yet?" I replied, "Nah, girls just aren't into me, I guess." He then started to chuckle and said, "Get real, man. You're White, and we all know girls go crazy for White guys." I was confused and said back, "You get real. I don't think girls like a guy just because he's White." We then had a bit of a back-and-forth debate.

I asked him, "Is that really how you feel? That White guys can just get any girl they want?" My other roommate then chipped in and said, "Yeah. Girls don't like Asian dudes. Not even Asian girls like Asian guys. If I was White, I'd probably get like four times as many chicks." I replied back, "That's bullshit! I can't get a single date, yet both of you guys have girlfriends." One of them then said to me, "You're a 6'2" White guy with blue eyes. If you can't get a girl, it means you're not trying at all, man."

I redirected the conversation to another topic, because I really didn't know what to say after that.

They seemed like they were being serious, but I'm not sure if they were just pulling my leg. I never knew people felt that way... Do non-White guys really think it's easier for White guys to find dates?

• Yes
    40%(6)41%(12)Vote43%(6)
  • No
    7%(1)14%(4)Vote21%(3)
  • I'm White and/or Female
    53%(8)45%(13)Vote36%(5)

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol how do I say this..
    I'm East Asian. And I admit there's a kind of innate interest in guys of my ethnicity and white guys more so than other guys. I think some people may still think that white people get it better, not just in dating but in general. I imagine it's got something to do the reminiscent admiration for wealth tracable to the colonization era. Nothing against any ethnicity though, I'm merely being honest.

• Most Asian if not almost literally 90% that migrate outside of their home country literally will almost always chase the Caucasian man

Just wondering though.. is that a thing back at home when girls leave their country?

• @TripleAce Uh, I assume you are surrounded by either a really small group of Asians or just hella whitewashed Asians because 90% of my 15+ Asian friends all looks for partners of the same ethnicity.

So heck no, that is def not a thing. I think my comment have just been misinterpreted.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on scarcity, and supply/demand. Honestly I don't believe it's easier for white guys to get dates. In fact, it may be harder because there are more whites in America than other ethnicities.
    A white friend of mine asked me for advice on how to pick up women. He's not ugly but his game isn't working. I told him that is so easy for me because of the area we're in (mostly white). It seems to be a lot easier for me because there aren't too many black men around. I also have a lot of other things going for me but if we were in an area with less white men, he'd probably dominate the place.

What Girls Said 1

• I just think that men (and the society) think so, so I choose "yes". Personally, I dont prefer white men over others.

What Guys Said 8

• Being a Caucasian man is like have the feature on your hat. It certainly makes things easier however do keep in mind you are still going up against other Caucasian men... so just being white won't be enough

Because there is a lot of girls that rather date a sexy tall dark and handsome type of dude over a Caucasian ding dong

• I'm white and I definitely think that it's easier for white guys to get dates depending on where you live and what method you're using. Many dating sites have posted actual statistics based on race and and white men get the most responses compared to men of other races.

That being said obviously just being white doesn't mean that you can get any girl you want or a date in general. But it's proven to have a positive impact at least online.

• No I don't think so.

• Well generally, It is okay to be alone but we find it on phenomenon.
    But the phenomenon not only happen in multirace but white guy run into asain group. Any white guy can get girls in Asian. That would huge improve your feeling.

• I don't think we have it easier.

• I'm a mix of a lot but am not Caucasian nor white and I don't really think like this. Ofcourse people tend to stay in their own ethnicity, many don't, but lots of different things are important when trying to date rather than skin colour.

• I'm White and/or Female

• Current Racial heirarchy for men in dating:

White
    Mestizo
    East Asian
    South Asian
    Black

Black can variate from third to last place depending on if girl has a thing for black guys.

Thing is... since hip hop died, white men has been able to capture women of the urban market... blacks and hispanics. In the 90s, 2000s... white men were emasculated in urban culture and latin and black women liked their own men with blacks leading the urban identity with even hispanic girls liking black guys with 2pac, 50 cent, the game posters in their bedroom. Also lot of black shows in the 90s 2000s kept blacks being to relate positively as well to themselves. Hispanics always rose under the black wing since we never had a strong identity in Hollywood and would never relate with the whites (non minority).

Once the urban identity lost its mainstream appeal (circa 2009) and edm trance hipster came into style, the slim fit white hipster became the cool thing. Urban pride died (compared to before) and now it wasn't just Asian girls also liking white guys... they started getting quite some black girls and hispanic girls. Asian American women fell hard to the media feminization of Asian men in the 2000s and even before. While strong majority of black women wouldn't go a. foot near white men in the early 2000s, Asian women were crazy for them.

So now it seems like white guys have a strong monopoly in America dating scene. Not to say most groups prefer their own but White men now have stronger access to ALL groups much easier than before.

You also have to realize that women really pay attention to the media and it affects them to points of strong denial. Even men, get 'programmed' but in much less effect. Men just want to bang every women primitively... though women will look for their 'alpha male' according to the times and their environment.