I feel undesirable; do 'average looking' girls even stand a chance?

I know, I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I am certainly not a ten. My face is asymmetrical, I'm awkwardly tall and skinny, and I don't have many 'curves'. I don't consider myself ugly, but I certainly wouldn't say I'm pretty either. I'm a freshman at university and I've never even been flirted with. At my high school prom, I was one of two girls who didn't have a date. Even now I find myself being the odd one out when people are flirting with my friends and not even looking my way. I do put effort into my appearance, but even then I'm not turning any heads. I find myself getting agitated and upset when people talk about their significant others/getting flirted with, since I yearn for knowing what that's like but I fear I never will.
I guess what I'm wondering is this: do I as a very average, unassuming, shy girl have any chance of finding a boy/girlfriend?

23

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you do; I'm kind of the same way. Looks are not forever because everyone will age one day and potentially become less attractive. I know a couple of friends who are pretty average looking but got friendly, lovable and fun personalities, these inner qualities would help in finding a boyfriend. Just try and keep going at it, because when you do not even believe in yourself, how do you expect other people to do the same?
    ^lol, I know this quote is hella cheesy n over-used. But, it still gets the point across.

What Guys Said 2

• as much as an average guy stands a chance I guess, so no

• sure they do.. hang in there.

What Girls Said 1

• im exact same, the course i took in uni is 99% girls and i nvr go out clubbing or to bars so in a way I've made it difficult to be flirted with. and the fact that i have a 'fuck off' resting face. put urself out there but dont come off too desperate, maybe ask a winglady's help when ur out?