Why do women/girls date older guys?

Why? What is it about it, maturity really? I don't buy it ! What's the reason why? Feel free to elaborate

3137

Most Helpful Girl

• too insecure to demand respect from a peer, they sell their age to an older bidder who is to put more effort to putting on an act bc he is aging out and he has less options.

women who date older guys bc they are more mature... are rewarding young guys for acting immature. they figure they can be an asshole and date young women when they are older... the 'mature' guys they are with now are probably the assholes younger women did not date when they were young. and they get them anyhow.

• i really think people should simply hold peers up to standards instead of hopping to another group and giving them an out. people dont grow up unless forced to. plenty of young guys are more mature than older guys... it really depends on so many thing beyond age.

• You're way too smart for your age.

Keep it up.

• clap clap. at last i found another one too smart for gag.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls mature faster than guys.

The average girl grows boobs at 13 while the average male gets his boobs after 60.

What Girls Said 30

• Normally because guys the women's age can be immature and annoying. Most older people have their shit together and are more mature. Also some people have a fetish for older people

• So... ever guy is immature. Might as well put them in a breadbasket of deplorables. Lmao 😂

• I think kitten got a point but of course not all men show the same amount of maturity.
      I assume you will smaller you chances of being an opponent to older guys if you are out in a group of friends where one is misbehaving, this is probably the time where you end up in the breadbasket with the rest 😀

• Hmm... when you say guys remember... it sounds like all men of the male species. It's pretty offensive

• Maturity actually has a lot to do with it, in my personal experience anyway. Guys my age want to focus a lot on partying, hooking up with as many girls as possible etc. I'm not really like that, being a teetotaler and introvert. Finding someone with the same values and interests as me, who's also the same age as me, is harder than finding someone with the same values and interests who's older.
    The one time I dated someone who was even *younger* than me (by almost 2 years) shit ended up hitting the fan because he wasn't able to control and understand his feelings. One day he was super into me and the next he wanted to pretend that I didn't even exist and that he had never been into me. I don't have time for immature bullshit like that. Not saying that older guys can't behave like that. But in my experience, 9 times out of 10, they haven't.
    My boyfriend is almost 6,5 years older than me and I don't think I've ever clicked more with a guy in my life. We have so much in common. But we're also very different, he's very much a social butterfly, and I'm still an introvert. He does go to parties obviously, but not even nearly as much as some of the guys my age, and he always gets home at a very reasonable time. I like the fact that he fully knows himself, that he's mature and in touch with his feelings/wants/needs.
    I have a harder time taking guys my age seriously because they rarely seem to know themselves and what they want. Usually they only know that they don't want anything serious, they just want to fool around. Of course there are exceptions but this is just my experience.

• Lots of reasons. Older guys are more mature, sexier, and mysterious. And they have money. Conversations with young guys are dull. They don't have anything on their minds but strip clubs and parties. Some of them grow out of it eventually, some remain boys.

• I have no Idea, I would also like to know, my man is 1 year younger than me and honestly, I would not date somebody not even 5 years older than me, I don't care, even if he is good looking or rich or whatever, who cares about money when my man won't need Viagra :P
    Maybe they think they are more mature but they need a reality check, AGE does not make you MATURE !!
    media.giphy.com/media/AC1HrkBir3bGg/giphy.gif

• Most want him for his $tability and m$a$t$u$r$a$t$y. They love men who are $$$$et. Before I get pink downvotes, how many would date a man in his 30s who is not working, no car, not doing anything in his life but playing video games? Any takers? Thought so.

Older men are already established and these young broads know they can get older men, because let's face it, men will gladly take as young as they can, not ALL men but many men.

• I personally prefer older not because of stability or whatever. I'd date an older guy who makes less money than me and still living at home and has no car.

But because of a few things:
      -they're more ready to settle down. Only drawback for me, is that they really want kids and ugh. I don't.
      -they're less likely to be virgin or inexperienced. I'm a slut, impatient slut and I want good sex but don't want to wait until he finally gets good at it.
      -more attractive physically. They get beards and dad bods at this age and me likey.

• @Blonde401 you wouldn't know true social life even if it hit you with a sledgehammer on the forehead. its much more social to organise a street barbeque, or a book exchange night, or a fundraiser, than sit in a dark sunless humid bar and do nothing with others that like doing nothing... .

• @levantine99 we have totally different lives. I don't live in America! So get that right for starters. We all have different lives, get over it.

• Personally I like older men because they have a more define personality, men in that stage already know how to please a woman sexually and emotionally. Unlike guys my age, I only find drama and the "wanna be" attitude in them, by that I mean that they/he wants to prove he is a "man", yet guys my age express themselves like kids, act like kids, dress like kids! Honestly, I prefer an older man because they are more meticulous and are aware of their needs and others needs... I'm saying this based on my experiences of course, not just opinion. I hope this helps.

• I love older men! They're wise, knowledgeable, mature, funny, confident, cool, self sure, sexy. I like people who are interesting and older people have experienced a lot.

• That's BS, you love money.

• But men only care about money to attract women. Let's be real here, how many guys would date a pretty girl who had no job, no car, lived with her parents? A lot. Now how many women would do the same? With a man though? Unfortunately, not many.

And I've always wondered why there's such a difference. If we're looking for love, and they are too, why is that this is so important to many women and not men?

I get what you're saying. And yes, it's a bit rash to label you a gold digger, but money does seem to be important to you. Again, perhaps not the most important thing, but it's up there.

• @BuchitaBuchys because status for men is having a pretty woman on his arm. And those men that get those women are already rich usually.

And men and women are different. Women have been trained for years to look for security and safety and for some women that means money. Men look for status and what's pretty. That's why so many older men still want young girls.

I've not denied it's important to me. It is yeah. But I'm not looking for someone rich. I'm not rich myself!

• Usually because we find older men more mature, dated an ex who was 2 years younger and he acted like a kid. In general we woman mature faster than guys as well, that could be one of the reasons. Well the guy I'm with it now is same age as me though, so I prefer someone at my age or 2-3 years older.

• I love dating older men because they are more mature and more stable. They know what they want out of life and they know how to get it. Younger men just play with you feelings and tell you what you want to hear. They like to play games and they don't like being tied down in a relationship, and they will find easy ways to get out of the relationship. Older men know how to treat a young woman.

• Well I always thought of it as older guys are mature, they know what they want to do with their life, having a family and the way some act personality wise. Also I use to care what others thought. But now I have changed my mind when I first met my boyfriend and he's 20. I didn't care what everyone said and he was very mature and also silly and his vibe was very old school and he was looking for a long term relationship and someone that wants a family soon.

• lol nah I've hooked up with three guys and all were younger, maturity of guys at the age of 16 to about 24 is about the same tbh

• You'll only truly know about maturity once you get some. But luckily you get a little bit every year.

• I want a guy who is willing to take care of me and a guy my age is less likely to do that because he will probably compare me to 20 year olds.

• You think you stand a better chance with an older guy who struck out with women his own age most likely due to lack of maturity?

• Well it is maturity. More willingness to settle down on average

That's a few years older of course, not decades. If you're looking at decades it's more often than not all about the money

• Maturity. Stability. No games.

• yea I like older dudes...
    they seem to understand you faster mainly and know what you want

• Because they act like real men and not like teenagers, they are sexy, they know how to make you feel good, are more interesting

• Maturity? I know many 30 year old men that act like teen boys. So nope maturity is not found in all "older men".
    However older men are stable mentally, financially... they know what they want more than younger guys. And there is something just more attractive about older men. Perhaps their confidence and they know how to deal with women. Hence theh have more experience with them (most men not all).

• Your second paragraph pretty much describes what you said is not found in all "older men": maturity. Of course not all older men are mature, but we tend to speak in generalizations on GAG.

• My boyfriend is older
    He was mature in a kind of way and that made me like him

• Meh, I'm not really interested in older men.

• Um have you ever dated a 19,20,21 year olds? Its like talking to a wall. No thanks jeff

• they are more financially secure.

• and they are not boys anymore.

and thry know how to handle pussy despite having less stamina and are less selfish in bed.

• I like dating older guys as they usually want something more serious, they're more likely to have their life together (their own place, good job, own car, etc), they're experienced, etc. Lots of reasons. I'm currently in college so almost all of the guys my age only think with their dicks and don't know how to appreciate you because they just want sex and they don't want to "build" a relationship with you. It's kinda sad.

• Also most of the younger guys that I've dated will do anything to avoid "serious" conversations. They will also do immature things like go out every night and get drunk and not take anything seriously. They will say things they don't mean just because they think that you'll like it and they'll play with your emotions & once they get sex they'll just dump you.

• that sounds a bit pretentious. if young guys were so "immature" you wouldn't be with them. i bet you were more or less equally immature. at least in a younger age.

• @levantine99 I'm 19 so I probably am hah you're right but that's actually my opinion based on experience

• Because younger guys tend to be more disrespectful, immature, inexperienced, more likely to play games and not want anything serious, etc...
    Note: Not every young guy is like this though. Lots of young girls are only into guys their age. I'm just stating why some younger girls prefer dating older men.

• I'm dating an older man and I have noticed a few things that I find attractive about him.
    1. He's more old fashioned. He opens car doors for me and kisses my hand. He treats me like a lady and I love it.
    2. He has more experience, inside of the bedroom and out of it. He has stories to tell and skills he likes to show off.
    3. He's settled down. He doesn't like to party and get drunk, he would prefer to spend the night snuggling in bed with me.

• I liked them better

• I would say money and daddy issues.

• okay the biggest age gap I would go is 15 years, and that't because not many guys my age want families yet and older guys want to start having a family, and they usually treat women better because they've already made mistakes and learned from them.

• 4|4
  • I don't know I think it's weird though why would you want to be with on oldie

• Nice profile picture btw!

• seems like we found a healthy teen without daddy issues.

• @levantine99 thanks fam those older men/guys are just creepy

What Guys Said 36

• I can't answer for the girls but something is different now from when I was in my 20s. I seem to be instinctively attracting more young girls without even trying. Likewise, I'm having an easier time making friends with both sexes in their 20s than ever before.

Money would make sense for the girls but most of the time when this happens, it's on guys' nights out. Among my male buddies, I tend to look the poorest. I wear raggedy old jeans and t-shirts while some of them wear suits. I'm not as poor as I appear to be (just lazy about shopping and dressing up), yet the girls approach me for some reason. Even if I look beyond my male buddies, there are young, good-looking guys who look a lot wealthier than I do.

The one major thing that seems to have changed since my 20s is that I don't give nearly as much of a damn anymore. I don't dress up, I don't even look at the mirror anymore unless I'm shaving. I don't care nearly as much about impressing the opposite sex as I did in my 20s.

And in my 20s, when I had a superior physical prowess and energy, I thought I didn't care but in hindsight I definitely cared a lot more. I at least had hopes, if not expectations, of catching a girl on nights out. I looked in the mirror a lot. i dressed up as sharply as I could. I still care now but not anywhere near as much in my 20s.

I used to think ordering food at a bar or night club was tacky. Now I don't care. I'm like, "Ooh, they have pizza! Gimme a pizza!" And then here I am looking like a grungy old slob in a corner eating pizza at a night club and, for some reason, a young and attractive girl chooses to sit next to me in the empty seat when she could have sat anywhere else, striking up conversations with me and touching me a lot. I don't know why. Some don't even back off when I tell them I'm married. When I look around at all the other guys, I think such girls are crazy.

Meanwhile when I look at the other guys, they're like peacocks spreading their beautiful feathers. And I'm like the analogical peacock who walks around with my wings tucked saying, "Hey there Mr. Handsome, those are some amazing feathers you have there! By the way, are you going to eat those delicious-looking seeds in front of you? No? Awesome, I think I'll help myself. Cheers!"

That's about all I have going for me now and yet it seems to be working better than what I was doing in my 20s for whatever reason.

• My hypothesis for this is that my basic attitude of not giving a damn might come across as confidence to some females. I used to think when I was much younger that confidence boiled down to a high sense of self-worth and boldness (courage). Now I don't have such a high sense of self-worth, I'm apathetic in this regard. But I don't need courage since I don't have the fear of rejection or being disliked anymore whatsoever.

In some sense that might be perceived as a form of supreme confidence to certain demographics. Also I've evolved socially a lot ever since I stopped caring. I became less inhibited than I ever was before, and have had girls approach me and describe me as "fearless" when I do things like sing karaoke (horribly) but without caring how bad I am at it.

This is just a relative answer comparing my younger self to my older self, but I actually think I have a step up over my younger self now. This is, however, for younger girls. Girls my age don't seem to like me as much.

• It's just a social norm at this point. I've heard it has something to do with the fact that women mature faster, so a man of the same age would be less appealing since he would seem childish.

• But men and women think different regardless, thanks for the feedback !

• Again social norm. Women aren't stuck in 1950s they have their own jobs.

• 1|2
    • What is it with people's inability to comprehend that women are capable of making their own money? Some were born into it and / or go on to do well for themselves in their own right. Why does that terrify guys so much?

I used to wonder why the guys on this site were so obsessed with feminism ( I'm not a feminist by the way) I then I realised it was because they aren't living in such a sexist-in -their- favour world anymore and it hurts

• I insist on paying half whoever I'm having dinner with. If they insist on paying, I pay the next time. People paying for things for me makes me uncomfortable. I don't think I'm alone with that.

• @Napoli Then you're not the type of girl I'm describing

• I've asked a few women I've dated. I only date as old as 22, and the most common answer seems to be that I neither play nor make them feel as if they need to play games. I don't even know how to commit the crime of liking some other chick on facebooktwittergrams, I don't do negging or other such nonsense, and I absolutely don't give a shit about speaking the blunt honest truth.

Others tell me I'm more interesting to talk to than boys their own age, life experience wise. I've ended and saved lives, been clinically dead, can speak, or fumblefuck my way through conversation, enough other languages to get by with half the world's people. Finished school, had two interesting careers, etc. Compare that to a kid still living with mom and dad whose life experience is high school, two semesters at JC and a promotion from fry cook to cashier, and it's not too hard to see how I win.

• The primary reason is instinctive. Older men are more established and experienced and this translates into a better and reasoned capability of caring for and protecting his female and her children. Basically, the more that a female senses that a male is capable of protection and siring children that will have a high probability of survival to adulthood, the more that female is instinctively attracted to a male.

• The average age of women I date is 23. I usually ask when we first meet why they date older men. Here is what they say.

#1. "They don't make me pay [for a date]." Women hate it, absolutely hate it when a guy makes her pay.

#2. "They know what they are doing in bed." They complain how many younger guys are so fast that they just start to get warmed up before he is done. After going down on a girl I was dating for about 25 minutes and her finally having enough exclaimed, "Now that's why I like older men!"

#3. "I don't want to be tied down. Some younger guys want a wife and I'm not ready for that."

#4. "Guys my age are immature."

• It's the confidence, the maturity, the class, the assurance of wealth and the experience of the ages.

An older guy simply produce this 'I am sure of myself and I have the real thing to back it up'. Imagine you were a 10 year-old looking at a 19 year-old with the cool toys and his gaming PC. At 19, you are like the snooty brat with no money and no clue in front of a 40 something veteran.

How many times have you dressed yourself in a business casual look? Have you ever used any sort of scents products that would cost over $100? Have you ever given thoughts about your current self and your future? What's the difference between a lady and a girl?

• Women in general speaking mature faster than men both mentally and physical. Even though there's exceptions, it's still like that for the majority.

• Who cares? Leaves the fresh outta high school ones for me.

• Hegemony. Women are attracted to guys that are higher in the social ladder than themselves. For men it doesn't make a difference if she is rich af or some part-time secretary.

• You are so wrong buddy it's a turn off if a girl is uneducated and has a limited use of vocabulary and works at a tanning salon she can be the hottest girl In world but I won't want herm

• @Brah63926

Relationship wise - yes, it is a turn-off. Physical attraction wise not.

• Hot girls like hot guys regardless if he a garbage man or not

• From my experience:

1, Experience, a lot of younger men are still 'boys' and younger women find this unappealing

2, Support, we can communicate well with them and provide them support in many ways. Which is beneficial from an emotional viewpoint for younger women

3. Means, we have $$$$$ meaning they can have experiences that might not be on offer

4, Sexually- We know how to please women and have them begging for more

• Because the older men have more money than younger men.
    Simple.
    That is part of the reason why women in their 30s hit on me.

• never tried it, never been into this dating situation.

anyway,
    OT:
    from what i've seen from other peoples views, example: if a girl wants to date, but not sure how it would work out. who would she choose a older guy or a younger one?
    of-course a older one, because older one got more experience then the younger one, besides older is already old and probably have a wife, thus the girl could gain experience while if she were to go to date with a younger amateur then she wouldn't know if that date was actually fun or not.
    unless the girl is dating her boyfriend that become her husband in later time.

• I think it has to do with being more attracted to older men like these men might remind them of their father. Also there's having their lives in order and having money to spend. Plus these guys are probably better looking than younger guys as men get better as they age.

• Because they have money. There is no woman in this universe who doesn't like money. If she say she doesn't care, then she is lying. There is no cat that doesn't like fish. Same difference.

• So why has my mother managed to build a business on her own and had to deal with two partners who tried to take what they could get? One ( my dad) who had a gambling problem and one who was just a gold digger who'd already tried to clean is ex wife out. My mother tried to get rid of him for years, and he used to say repeatedly that there was no way he was leaving with nothing. The only reason she didn't kick him out sooner was because he'd been absuive enough to make threats that stuck, aswell as the fact that she was still worried he'd have nowhere to go. What about guys like that?

Why have I never once asked my daughter's father for child support? I don't even know how much he makes but I know he struggles sometimes.

I've never once thought about how much any guy I've met makes and I know I'm not lying.
      It's a pathetic excuse for bitter guys.

• @Napoli she is your mother, I am a stranger,! and you are asking a stranger about your mother... k

• Pretty much all reasons said by the ladies here. We treat them better, we're not going to try to get in their pants very quickly, and we have our shit together.

• i have to say its mainly lads your age with this attitude of not getting it... just an observation i have made in my time on here. its quite interesting and would like to know why.

• $$$$$$$$

• They got that 💵

• They have everything some women want: money, finances, cash, liquidity, assets. . .

You name it!

• This seems to be more so in younger adults (18-25ish) as they want a mature guy who has their life already together.

• Because older men aren't goofy ass nerds. We have our partying days behind us. We tend to be more faithful and have a dollar or two. And with better living through chemistry we can fuck as long as we want to.

• girls want to be taken care of. but that's not all they want confidence and relaxing vibes.

• I got hit on by a 14 year old girl one time, I didn't say a word and then kinda just chuckled at her haha

• well older guys are more mature and on their level. Also older guys are mysterious

• Lack of options, ironically.

• varies but probably money, financial stability

• daddy issues. they're looking for someone to fill in where their dad fell out. simple

• If you ask women, and they say "Maturity" and you decide that it can't be that so the only conclusion that makes sense to you is that the entire gender is collectively lying for some reason... well that says a lot about you and why women don't go for your type.

• Women value 3 things:

1. LOOKS (Height, face)
    2. MONEY
    3. SOCIAL STATUS

Older men are more likely to have MONEY and increase social status. Thus women who value this over looks often will go for them.

• More from Guys
    6