Girls pay absolutely no attention to me. What can I do to change that?

So in my 20 years of life I have only ever been in one relationship. The relationship didn't last and ever since I've been back to my usual problem, girls just don't pay attention to me. I mean literally no attention. Not as a friend, not even just talking to me if they happen to sit by me in class. I don't understand it. I think I'm fairly attractive and I'm nice to everyone but girls just don't seem to care. I am shy, so that could be part of it but still I would think odds are more than 1 girl in 20 would take an interest in me, no? Do any other guys have this problem? Any tips on how to get them interested? Girls what makes you take interest in a guy?

Any other tips anyone?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• you should consider a image consultant. ... I'd love to help if you were here in CO... have to see you as your self first to see what's happening... you could just be clueless or you could be scaring them away.. plus... for me I have never paid attention to my class mates.. always older guys, there's too many factors to consider that I don't know

• I'm not in CO unfortunately. What do you mean by I could be clueless? Also what kinds of things could be scaring them away? I really am nice to everyone unless they give me a reason not to be. I always try to make a good impression.

• that's exactly why girls don't lol too devastating to be rejected... when you get older... older women are less patient and more direct

• Haha yeah I know, but guys still have to worry about rejection too. But I don't get why this social idea that it should be the guy that approaches even exists. I mean, there has probably been a lot of possible relationships that never happened because the girl thought the guy had to approach so she never did and the guy was too nervous to. Why won't younger girls be more direct? You meet a lot of great people when you're young who could be "the one", why miss out on that just because you have the idea in your head that the guy should do the approaching.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the exact same situation as you, except a little older. At this point, I believe I have been sentenced to confirmed bachelorhood. So I might not be able to give you advice to get women interested besides the general stuff that science has proved work (project dominance, be sure of yourself, try not to be too self aware or intelligent). In short, you'll have to change into someone you're not currently. Which isn't so bad, everyone changes eventually, but I'm afraid that, at least here in the United States, the person you have to change into to attract the majority of other people is not such a globally minded person.
    Personally though, I'm really happy with who I am as a person and I'm confident in my morals. If you are too, then I suggest you try meditating, gaining confidence in useful skills (languages, music, cooking, fitness, whatever), and this is the important part: ignore women. People are attracted to whom they will be attracted to, they don't have any control over that, and apparently you and I missed the boat on that one. It's best to focus on what you can change.

• But I don't want to be sentenced to confirmed bachelorhood. When I was in a relationship I felt so happy all the time, and I know that I want to find a girl, get married etc. and I just wouldn't be completely happy with my life if that didn't happen. Because of this I don't think I can just ignore women, but they ignore me. I just don't know what to do.

What Girls Said 1

• Tip number 1, stop being so shy. Initiate a conversation once in a while. Smile.
    I'll assume you are clean, don't smell and wear good clothes.

• Yes I have good hygiene and don't smell, I don't think anything like that is the problem. Girls just don't seem to care to take any interest. Also for someone who is shy its not so easy to just initiate conversation, its much easier for me if I am comfortable with the person. And I'm usually not comfortable at all talking to girls I like.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!