Is there a chance?

So today I met up with this guy I have had a crush on for the longest time. (I'd given him a card saying I liked him and was interested in getting to know him and he said he would like to get to know me too)

It was going well, he bought me a coffee and we talked a lot and we got on pretty well. We have a lot in common and he's basically everything I could want in a guy. He seems a genuinely nice person. He was open with me by saying that he's not sure if he's ready for anything more as he recently had a bad break up, which i completely understand and respect. I'm glad he was honest. Thing is I am naturally devastated.

I text him and thanked him for today and said that I understand he's not ready for a relationship yet but maybe we can still be friends, to which he said that he enjoyed today and we can definitely be friends. Do you think there will be a chance he will want to go out with me one day? People I've spoken to said he's probably feeling conflicted and not wanting to rush, but he could still be interested because otherwise he wouldn't have wanted to meet up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Right now things seem uncertain, as he just had a break up. but if I can say I think you should wait a little, because his break up still effected him, emotions are still raw. Tread lightly and try not to rush things, just get to know each other for now.

I mean yeah there's a chance he's interested because he went out with you for coffee.

• how long do you think i should wait before texting?

• trust me, i really wish it would change :'(

• I know how you feelπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜Ÿ

What Guys Said 2

• There is always a chance, but I would not get my hopes up if I were you. He may never think of you as more than a friend which could put a lot of strain on yourself when your feelings for him are not reciprocated. If you think you can have a friend only relationship with him without your feelings getting in the way, go for it. Otherwise, take a step back and just hang out with him a few times to test the waters a bit more and move on once you realize there is no chance. There are lots of people in this world, and you may find one that is equally into you as you are into them.

• there is something special about him~ he was a random cashier in a supermarket. We have so much in common with each other it can't just be a coincidence. It feels unlikely that i'll meet someone like him again

• What people are saying is correct !! He's interested but don't want to rush.

• so what is your suggestion about contacting him next? i don't think it's likely he'd initiate?

• Well you will have to find the balance yourself. Wish you good luck πŸ˜‰

• Thank you :)

What Girls Said 3

• Like he said, he doesn't want to rush anywhere and he's taking his time to heal and get better. So I think that the best thing you can do right now is to just be there for him and support him when he needs it and he'll eventually realize that you're the one for him! I can tell already that he's interested in you. But you definitely do NOT want to rush things. It's amazing that you guys are so open and honest, that's really great! But just give him time to think about things and get better. But yes! I'm positive that he's at least interested! :) Go get him girly! And good luck! I hope this was helpful :)

• How can you tell he's interested?
      He's also very shy so i doubt he'll just text me randomly out of the blue, so how long should i wait before texting again?

Thank you, it was :)

• @HotDogg I'm thinking of texting him tomorrow/today (Thursday or Friday) just asking how his weeks been... i really hope he is interested haha!

• @HotDogg Thanks! @Comawhite666 Sounds like a perfect plan to me! :)

• I think there's a chance. All you can do is give him time. If you rush it will push him away.

• Any suggestions on what I can do? I really felt a connection with this guy and I don't want to give up on someone like this.

• After you give him time, (which is definitely what he needs), you should spend more time with him. Ask him to hang out. Don't wait too long enough for him to get hooked with someone else. He hung out with you before, he may want to again.

• so how long should i give it before i text again. He's not contacted me but he said he's not a big texter and i know he's naturally quite shy.

I don't think he's the sort to get hooked up with a random girl, and he doesn't know any girls outside of his work. But how long is too long?

• Not really