Would you be ok with your partner talking to a friend of the opposite sex everyday?

If you find out your partner been chatting to this person regularly and most days for hours, even having really late night chats, would you be upset?
I found out my partner been chatting daily with someone, even telling her how much he misses her and that she is special to him. He also said he can't go a day without talking to her & that he likes her a lot. This seems like more than a friendship connection to me, should I be worried?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally I would be but he's clearly pushing some boundaries here.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be fine with him having female friends and talking to them often but I wouldn't be okay with him saying he can't go a day without talking to her and that he likes her a lot. I'd have to ask how he likes her and make sure they are just friends and ask him to keep it friendly.

What Guys Said 4

• If she wants to see me kick his teeth in, then yeah.

• People needs friends. I would politely ask my partner what is going on and make sure that this is only friendship. In a relationship we don't speak about ownership but partnership. And partners should have trust as an ultimate value.

• probably not.

What Girls Said 2

• Yah. It is very alarming. I'd be worried.

• Unless it's a coworker and it was for work I wouldn't be ok.