How do you move on from a relationship that you thought was gonna last?

I was in my longest relationship and the guy broke up with me cause he was stressed but said he wanted to try again in 2 months but slowly we stopped talking and I tried to hang onto him but I finally knew I just had to leave. he hasn't tried to contact me at all and it make me sad and mad at home much he actually doesn't care. how do I move on from this?

21

What Guys Said 1

• Well I'm in the same boat. I recently got dumped by my ex of 3+ years. I was completely destroyed, I mean really. I wanted to marry her, but she just wanted didn't want to be with me anymore. I tried to commit suicide and ended up losing my jobs and many friends. I know some people tell you to go out, and do what makes you happy. However in your head you just constantly think of them and what ifs. I struggle with it everyday, I still love her. The only thing that keeps me going is just hoping tomorrow will be better.

• I kept trying to get him to care but I realized I just wasn't enough. so sorry you lost her bud. you'll find someone better

• thank you :)

• No problem I hope you feel better.

What Girls Said 2

• You kind of don't. Well eventually you will have no feelings attached to him but this takes time. You gotta ride out the storm by trying to keep yourself occupied. When the time is right, you'll meet a new guy and that will flatten your feelings for your ex and you won't even care about what he did anymore let alone think about him.

• I'm kinda in the same situation. Honestly I spend a lot of time doing things with my friends and do things that make me happy. That might work but honestly it's hard to get over someone. It's a slow process