Guy is bland while texting, says he likes talking to me, I'm initating everything and he's going along? Should I just stop?

I gave a guy my number. He says I'm cute and we've been texting. He asks about my day we text a few. He's bland though. Like short answers but he replies. I ask all the questions. Sometimes it takes him forever to even answer. He says good night and he did text me this morning and we exchanged a few text all day. I told him we should meet up and he agreed. We decided on a place but for some reason I feel like he's 75% aware he's talking to me but 25% out of it. He did say he smokes weed a lot but I don't know if I should factor that in. Should I just stop texting because I'm wasting energy and he might flake on me?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• No don't stop it's the guys way if telling you that he likes you

• What do you mean his way of saying he likes me?
      I feel like he doesn't because I'm just there?

• Ok than dump him and if I were you I wouldn't date someone who smokes weed or smokes in general

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to say, really. He may just be really nervous and not know what to say or be afraid of saying the wrong things, or maybe even afraid that he's bothering you (some very nervous/anxious people feel this way no matter what), so he lets you do all of the initiating to be on the safe side. Or he may just be not taking it seriously at all and just messing around.
    He may be taking so long to answer if he is at work or busy with something too. There's been a few times that it's taken me hours to respond to a text because I was at work or left the phone on the counter while I did housework.
    I find that a lot of guys tend to be short in response and horrible about carrying out a conversation through text. It is very annoying, I agree. But it is just the way some people are.

What Guys Said 1

• he can jerk off on u

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds like a boring texter. Maybe he's better talking to you in person. At least give him a try in person first. Maybe he'll start opening up more. Before u guys meet up I would probably fall back a little. I wouldn't text him first. I'll see if he ever initiate a convo. Also try stop asking all the questions and see if he'd start asking u the questions.