Why are beautfiul people getting the "Single" treatment?

Okay, first of all: I don't judge people just based on their looks. I would sound vain if I said that, right?

But it does seem like all the physically attractive people are more often single than not. Why is that? Maybe our assumption of them already dating is what's feeding this, may I say toxic, circle of never ending singleness. 👐🏼💍("all the single ladies x 3" reference)

And I myself am not ugly and although my ego wants me to say I'm gorgeous (lol jk 💅🏼)... Anyway, do any of you get this feeling sometimes? How do we #singlefam here make a splash in the dating pool, you think?

*Beautiful.

1727

Most Helpful Guy

• It's either 2 things:

1. On the woman side (thanks to hypergamy of female nature) many women hold out for their prince charming, who is usually an amazing guy high in looks, money, social status. This is even more prevalent among beautiful women because they are told by society that they shouldn't settle and thanks to social media have high egos of their perceived self worth.

2. In case of men. Many men also suffer from same thing as women in that they won't get into a relationship unless the person is really amazing. However, in the case of guys who are good looking is that they can get sex on tap very easily. So guys who want sex don't need to get into relationship for consistent sex as they can get it outside of a relationship. So for said guys they opt to be single.

3. Attractive men and women are also single due to a phenomenon known as the beauty isolation. Many people assume an attractive person is taken and don't bother approaching or asking them out, or they feel too intimidated to approach said person because they believe they would get shut down.

Most Helpful Girl

• well to be honest, I understand your question. I was not very pretty in my teens , most people were making fun of my small size and curly hair.
    Around 19 years old , I was pretty but had a 'baby face' i was not very successful neither , in my mid twenties , I was ok but still baby face lol , now I am 33 years old and i am considered HOT. god knows why , but wherever i go, i certainly get a lot of attention from men and woman too.
    even looking at myself , i know , and can see i am HOT. haven't done anything to change this at all. But my features, getting older are getting better, i am more confident also.
    The truth , i am not used to have attention , and pretty much been single all my life. So it's a bit weird for me to be wanted.
    the people i know in the recent 3 years , always said that i can't be single, that i must be complicated , if i say ' i dont know how to flirt ' they think i am lying or trying to get attention, when really its true. i am very shy, can't flirt and i am always very uncomfortable to have guys wanting to date me etc.
    I have 5 dude on my case atm , 4 of them texted me to date tonight. but i dont want to go because i am not sure i like them enough. and because i dont understand why they like me really.

• We're exactly the same. I have a baby face too and go through almost the same thing you go through with guys

• And since you don't know what the feeling of SEX is yet, you are super covered. All things in nature are here for a reason. Virginity is here to protect you against bastards lol. When you will meet that guy, you will feel something that will naturally get you to lose it with him. some of my girlfriend lost it at 14 yo in some parties with random guys, trust me they don't like to remember that and most often would say 'well i was an idiot, just wanted to fit in really' . after that one time, do as you please , but please dont lose your virginity in a DUDE way (even some of them regret their savage first time with strangers) good luck !

• Thank you so much love

What Guys Said 26

• No, you are incorrect regarding the assumption that gorgeous people are assumed to be dating someone already.

When men (and women) see a super attractive person of the opposite sex, few make the initial assumption that they're "taken". What actually goes on in their head is that the beautiful person couldn't possibly date an average looking joe like ourselves. Another way of thinking of this is that people don't usually see fat, ugly, unkept people dating supermodels. Usually, the level of attractiveness is similar among couples... or at least, that's what we assume.

That means that the average joe "assumes" that beautiful women will only date gorgeous men with a 6-pack and flowing hair locks. The end result is that gorgeous women are rarely pursued by nice, average, polite men. However, the arrogant douchebag who wants to dick as many women as possible will approach beautiful women. They generally have no substance, and so beautiful women are continuously bombarded by assholes and ignored by good people.

What I describe is a very common theme among models, where men are intimidated by women living the flashy glamour life while they are young and attractive.

• 1. Generally people want a partner who is their equal in many ways as possible.

2. The more attractive you are the further to the right you are on the bell curve and the smaller your dating pool will be if you want an equally attractive partner.

3. A lot of guys who are 9s or 10 would rather have a lot of casual sex with girls in the 6-8 range rather than settling down right away with a fellow 9. This can leave the girls who are 9s kinda waiting on the sidelines if they want a guy who is also a 9.

• This explains why I'm always single. I'm just too damn gorgeous for this world.

• If I see a beautiful woman just out and about. I assume she is taken. Unless I know her I'd rather not go for her. Also I don't really go for them because they are mean when you try for one if they don't like you.
    I'd rather go after a pretty woman that I know is free and so I can chat with her about things she likes. Also girls that know you are less likely to insult a guy formtrying. Though a guy is likely to lose them if she sees him as a friend.

• It's easier for gorgeous people to get a partner and there are many who asks them out from what I've heard. Some of them uses their looks as a advantage and have a bigger selection when it comes to partner. But some of them are so picky and therefor they stays single. But other just aren't interested in a relationship and likes to live single - taking all the decisions by themselves.

• plenty of beautiful people are in relationships. those that aren't, aren't being excluded because of their looks necessarily. it could be a number of factors. but ultimately looks is only a part of waht should be weighed when considering a person as a partner

• We all judge people by their looks whether we like to admit it or not. Physically attractive people have more options and tend to be more picky. They can actually pick, choose, and have casual sex when they want to. This whole politically correct shit is just not logic based thinking. Use your head boyos.

• I think it's pretty well known that for girls who are especially beautiful and hot, that they can sometimes be intimidating to guys because of that, and not have as many dates and guys after them as you would think. That's 'cause lots of guys just assume they would have no chance. So for those girls (who can't help it that they're beautiful), it's really, really important for them to act down to earth and friendly and make it seem like they're approachable.

• Because women overrate how good looking they are and turn down people who are well in their league.
    Saying you are single because you are "too beautiful" is the equivalent of a nice guy saying they are too nice.
    If you were really that beautiful, you would be getting asked out, all the time.

• Dunno about everyone else, but attractive people make me nervous. I consider myself average at best, butt ugly at worst, and I'd feel like I was letting down someone if they were attractive and wanted to date me. Like they could get someone better, y'know? And it could be that people think "oh, they're hot, they're probably dating someone" and then don't even bother finding out otherwise

• theyre giving themselves the single treatment by thinking they have infinite options when really their beauty will fade soon and they will be lonely the rest of their life

• People that obsess about physical appearance tend to focus on looking better (rating = 8-10), while neglecting the more important qualities of a good mate.

Conversely, people in long term stable relationship (marrieds like myself) tend to let themselves go (rating = 2-5).
    ha ha

• Because beauty is in itself insufficient for a lasting relationship, one also has to not be a bitch

But also finding a decent partner is a question of luck

• Lol if it's just by luck... I think I just cried. Because luck is choosy.

• You need to meet an attractive compatible person who you like and likes you and finds you attractive!

Totally luck-based.

• I really don't think you do. When i use to go out to clubs with friends id get a lot more positive female attention and was much more likely to end up snagging or hooking up with someone with hair fibers wearing nice things and if i was smiling more. So basicly if i looked better.

What you may suffer from by looking good and i did occasionally when i did is pepole assuming your not interested in them because they dont think they look nearly as good.

• It's quite simple. The reason why is because when most people see a beautiful person they think he or she is taken so they don't approach them

• Standards are too high

• Maybe people are to nervous to approach someone with exceptional beauty? Perhaps they can't decide on a partner? Or something else.

• Don't know. Attractive people can easily get into a relationship if they want to.

• a lot of them have shit persinalities, are stupid, and focusing on their own lives

• quit flattering yourself lol. Actual beautiful women may be because of their personality. I mean when you get things on a plate all your life you won't likely have much of one.

• we dont

• they are too picky or no one has the braveness to talk to them

• Society

• I would love to know how to get out of the #singlefam, but no girls ever take an interest in me. Wish I knew why so I could change it. I hate the single treatment.

• Well are you looking for a relationship and dating peoole? It's pretty easy to date new people if you're attractive. I'm still single but it's because I haven't met someone that has made me want to change that. I've chosen to be single and date people until I find someone I like enough to be with long term, and in the meantime I'm free to pursue what I want when I want. Maybe it's because I feel like I have options as an attractive man that I'm secure with being single and putting effort into things other than just romantic interests.

• the hotter she is, it seems the more likely to be single, because a lot of men are intimidated by it

What Girls Said 16

• I don't really find that to be true. The really attractive people i know are taken or in the process of being taken. The less attractive people are single.

• Because if you see someone really attractive you assume they're already taken, i always think they can't be so beautiful and single, my friends and I always say if someone is that beautiful than he must be taken or gay haha 😂

Also mostly people assume that beautiful people are shallow and superficial, so they won't be with someone like that, so they don't even take time to get to know this person

• I immediately assume those who I deem highly attractive are either taking already or they won't be attracted to me because they'll be looking for someone who looks like a supermodel.

• I feel like I'm average looking and my bff who's like a 10 was always being asked out (like over social media) I feel like my issue is because I'm not higher on the rating scale lol.

• I'm single, half through choice and half through the fact nobody shows an interest in dating me. I feel like I've become invisible. Maybe I'm ugly I don't know. But yeah, I sort of choose to remain single now because I'm just sick of all the dating bullshit and pursuing people and it not getting anywhere.

• I think they might be conservative or have high standards. I used to like this guy who was extremely good looking but single and didn't flirt with any girls at all.

• Most attractive people I know are in relationships, or else they are choosing to be single. There aren't too many I've known of who were single because no one wanted them. Most attractive people are single by choice.

• who knows what they are dealing with, maybe they have a misconception of what love is so that they can't find love... or maybe they have insecurities or too high of expections. It could be a lot of things

• Well I get told by guys that I am pretty and I have been single for 2 years. Why? Because all the guys that want to date have been cheaters, players and I have been dating a guy for 2 months and last week he told me that he doesn't want anything serious but wants to keep dating me so iI guess people get tired of being used and is a lot better to be single.

• They may not want a relationship have u thought that might be an option?

• A lot of attractive people are single because they're crazy, stuck up and a bunch of bitches. Nothing likable about them except for the way that they look.

• you dont want to sound shallow but you sound shallow and dumb af girl. well maybe cause they tend to whore around more. who knows.

• Maybe they're more picky/have higher standards

• IT is really tough for me. Because people don't approach me or ask me out anymore. I have found out within 2 years that about 5 of my male friends had crushes on me but didn't approach me because they didn't think i would say yes. I get told im pretty but yet i am so single and alone and no one is giving me the time of day

• I guess it's because most people think they are taken, or maybe because they're afraid of being rejected since they don't feel as attractive as them, so they don't even try to approach them.

• Maybe good looking people are waiting for someone of equal beauty to be compatible with? Higher standards because they have been flattered and overwhelmed with offers and decide to hold out for something more rather than settle.