I stay away from men for months after I get rejected. Is this normal?

1214

Most Helpful Guy

• You seem over sensitive and have a general lack of self confidence and hang on what others think of you too critically. I totally understand how you feel and no body likes to be rejected and can have lingering terrible feelings. But, you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back on the horse and keep trying. You will get nowhere if you keep retreating and hiding in the turtle shell. During that time you could have easily found someone else, or even the guy of your dreams. If someone rejects you, it doesn't always automatically mean there is something wrong with you! Some people just have different criteria for what they find attractive or aren't ready to date or are just rude and idiots! Whatever it is, remember it is their loss. Hold your head up high knowing at least you tried and had the guts to do it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl I spent a few years when I was younger away from guys after the first time someone broke my heart. I got really depressed and it took a really long time. But the truth is that I didn't feel the need to because I needed to spend my energy towards healing. Then I start dating and I end up dating a girl very briefly. She fucked up big time, but I was fine with it because I had the strength to move on. I'm now dating this amazing guy and I'm really in love.
    My point is: Heal first. Don't rush anything. When you feel ready start dating again because then you can make it even if you don't find the right person right away.

What Guys Said 13

• Well, nobody likes to be rejected, that's normal. To stay away for months because of it, that's just fear, which is normal to but it's how you handle that fear. Who knows what you might have missed in those months you cut yourself off? All because of fear.

• yes u have agaun fear in mind so came out of fear getting rejected see in this world all the couples are made by god themselves so leave on god n get back in ur life

• Most women cannot handle rejection. So, yes, it's normal.

• normal and also pointless

• totally normal

• It's normal but you are on the internet and can get easy side guys here

• bad advice. yes, I have done that before and it did not work.

• Having a relationship with Internet guys or just that it's not normal?

• depends on your relation with the guy
    know him well. then dont stay away
    dont know him well. stay away

• It's understandable

• Not normal to me

• WGTOW- women going their own way? Lol.

• Im avoiding women too
    Not because I got rejected, just because they're so Damn annoying.

• Yes, most women cannot handle rejection at all.

• Yes it's normal rejection effects some of us in those ways and some ways are more extreme so your normal.

What Girls Said 11

• It's not ABnormal if that's what you're asking. People handle rejection differently. I used to be like that but now that I've reached 'fuck it' mode this point in my life, I just shrug it off and keep it moving and continue talking to whoever I want, whenever I want.

• Id say its healthier

• Sure.

• Absolutely normal.

• Yep it's normal, girls usually wait and then guys usually sleep with a bunch of girls to feel better

• yes, its normal. i like to take breaks from even thinking about guys after something doesn't work out. i guess it just helps me heal. p/s can u answer mine?

• stupid.. when critical people reject you then what?

• Yeah its definitely normal. But my advice though is to keep taking those chances. You only have one life to live and nobody would know how you feel until you tell them and it could turn into something awesome.

• yup.. it makes my pride heal also gives you other chance to look at other boys..

• It's totally understanable.

Rejection is painful. It can lower you self- esteem. It can make a person feel unwanted, worthless and unlovable.

When you have a crush on someone it can sometimes be a while before you want to crush on someone else in case you face the same hurt again. So fear and hurt prevents you from wanting to be around other guys

• Get rejected by who? If it's by your boyfriend, yes it's normal since you just had your heart broken.. now if it's by just a crush then I'd say you're too insecure and have low self esteem and should work on that and build your confidence