My boyfriend is avoiding "marriage"?

My boyfriend of 2 years and I live together. In the beginning of our relationship we used to talk about marriage, go ring shopping and it was romantic. We have been fighting a lot for the past year, and these days as soon as I talk about marriage or show him a ring, he rolls his eyes and refuses to have a conversation. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It was fun before because there was no pressure as it was still fantasy and a long way away. Now more time has passed and it is starting to become more of a reality of possibly starting. He obviously isn't ready for this or willing or feel it is right. 2 years together is still relatively new. I would feel it is too soon as well and you are being pushy. Also, many times, people do not realize what follows shortly after marriage - kids! Are you talking about that too and maybe not realizing it? Easy to see how it is too much pressure.

• The ironic thing is that he wants kids, and is pushing to have them yet marriage is a scary "no no"... unreal ey?

• It's very odd that he would rather put in a life long commitment by producing a child than making a vow (that could potentially not be a life time)...

• Yes, I agree.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I think the marriage talk came on way too fast and he entertained you after awhile duirng the "honeymoon stage" of the relationship. Seeing as you had some fights the last thing on his mind is marriage.

• He may not want to ever marry you. It's something you two need to talk about. But be respectful and let him make his own decision.

• he doesn't want marriage

• Maybe he's not ready yet. Give him his space.

• Well if you've been fighting a lot, the last thought on my mind would be marriage. You have to get your relationship on track first, then marriage might be an option and worth discussing. Right now, it's just an unrealistic "fantasy"

What Girls Said 3

• doesn't sounds good if he enjoyed it before

• He isn't ready.

• Most guys do