Is chemistry always one sided?

There was a certain guy that I felt chemistry with that was off the charts.
The conversation was exciting and I genuinely thought he could be someone special.
(Am experienced at dating and relationships. Not naive.)
It didn't work out - we had sex (a bit too fast) and lots of it. He didn't take me seriously (like a fwb) and in the end I walked out.

The guy I met after him - I ended up moving in with and having a child together.

But occasional the old guy will like my pictures and has messaged me a few times.

I used to think I was a fool for thinking we had a connection - but is this a sign that he actually did feel something?

PS Am completely loyal to my current partner. Am just curious as this ex did cause me a lot of hurt by never taking me as his girlfriend.
When I see his name as a notification - I still feel a pang of sadness.

12

What Guys Said 2

• It shouldn't be one sided in my opinion

• "Chemistry" between two people will always be one sided until someone is forced to take in the whole picture, as you were.

To be fair, honest, and to prevent future complications, cut him off. However, this is just a personal opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• No. That's a sign he wants to hook up again.