Do looks matter in a relationship?

I am opposite of my crush's exgirlfriend. Should I be concerned?

• yes
    32%(7)47%(22)Vote60%(15)
  • no
    23%(5)21%(10)Vote20%(5)
  • depends
    45%(10)32%(15)Vote20%(5)

Most Helpful Girl

• They matter to a certain extent. You have to be attracted to the person you're with but that shouldn't be your main focus.
    My ex thought I was out of his league... my family thought the same. I hated it because I loved him and I had an attraction to him. The thing is his insecurities came out all the time! When we people watched and wondered what others were thinking he'd always say they're probably wondering what you're doing with me.
    Just be yourself and don't change for anyone. The right person will love you inside and out 😊

What Guys Said 10

• Absolutely matter. Men are lucky in the sense that women for the most part don't care "as much" as men do. But looks do matter. If a guy can't get a boner up for her, then it's not gonna happen. If the guy can't turn her on emotionally, then it's not going to happen.

• Of course. Liars will tell you they don't, though.

• Looks matter, naturally, that's the first thing we see. What is attractive to someone, depends on their preferences, though. A good practice is to look clean and take care of your basic hygiene: teeth, hair, fingers.

• Opposite as in she's pretty and you're not? Or in complexion, height, weight, hair color kind of stuff.

• if your not sexually attracted to her there's no way it will work out

• nope.

• yeah

• Not at all

• he might not have a type

if you're both manly, i'd be concerned about him being gay

• Yes as women are more shallow than men.

What Girls Said 11

• Maybe she's the opposite of you :P.
    Lol all the guys I've liked looked nothing like each other and it didn't affect anything. You're good. It would be weirder if you looked exactly like her.

• I am also the opposite of my mans ex... I look better LOL
    media.giphy.com/media/lzJI5oa7sUsko/giphy.gif

OK, jokes aside, they don't really matter boo :) but it's the first thing people notice about each other, once that is done, you get to know each other, and if they like that too, then you will become even more attractive to them :)

• Yes they do but if he already choose to be with you then don't over think it
    Maybe YOU are his type and his ex wasn't. who knows

• Attraction should be there to maintain a good relationship. Looks shouldn't be the most important thing though.

• Yes looks matter

• Why should you be bother of how you look when he likes you just the way you are. Just be content and love yourself. Make yourself more attractive to your boyfriend if you feel bothered by her xs looks. Stay fit, healthy, lovely and confident.

• Sure

• It matters a little bit, but even looks cannot take it far if the person has a bad personality.

• well it is his EX girlfriend so maybe he'll be looking for something different after they broke up. hope it works out in your favour!!

• Yep it does

• It matters, never been in love with an ugly guy just because his personality was great.