In love with my boyfriend's best friend?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months now. He absolutely spoils me, we never argue, he's kind and sweet and "perfect"... but... I don't know if he's perfect for ME.
I love him, but much more as a friend than a romantic partner.

His (ex-) best friend loves me much, and I've known him for over a year (although only began developing feelings around the time my boyfriend and I started dating). He is me. He's not perfect, but he's romantic and funny and very nice. I am completely enthralled with him, as is he with me, but I'm not a cheater and he wouldn't condone that.

I don't know how to handle this. I feel like if I break up with my boyfriend, i'll regret it... but if I don't, i'll be at our wedding, wishing I'd married the other guy. Please help.

• Stay with your boyfriend.
  • Break up with your boyfriend and date the other guy.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont know what the fuck you want to do but choose fast , if your feelings dont go away so no need to stay with your "so called" bf! This is also cheat and bullshit be honored a little bit

• Having feelings for another person is not "cheating", it's human nature. The other boy and I don't have sex, kiss, hold hands, or are otherwise even slightly intimate. We talk about how we feel, of course, but that makes sense.

• I can tell you don't understand... cheating would be intimacy, making plans to be intimate with the other, or considering cheating
      with him. I have done none of this, and he and I decided we absolutely won't have any intimate contact until i've made a final decision. It will be hard for him if I choose to stay with my boyfriend, but I know there won't be jealousy, lying, or revenge on his end. I know that he would respect my decision were I to stay with my boyfriend, rather than try to coerce me into taking him.

• shut up bitch! Because of such sluts like you , guys fear to show their girlfriend to his own close friends!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not always Greener on the other side of the Fence Here, dear.
    However, if you are having Mixed feelings of these dealings, perhaps it Might be Best to take a Break from this One, hun, and see if Dating the other is what is Best from the rest for you.
    I can't guarantee that the the More "Perfect" one for you, so it seems, Will be Waiting, but I Feel it is not Fair to him that you have these Feelings for another and he is being Cheated out of Meeting someone who Might be Better Suited for him.
    Do Some Serious Soul Searching. Hearts are at Stake with any Decision you Make.
    Good Luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• " I don't know if he's perfect for ME" your boyfriend
    " He is me. He's not perfect" the other guy

Lady, nobody is perfect, and you should not seek for perfectness or else you will end up suffering and never happy with yourself, you are really not considering that you might up without ANYONE in this case, why can't you just be happy with what you got or just LEAVE IT ALL TOGETHER if you have problem seeking the "PERFECT" ... looks like none of them is perfect, and if you have these thoughts with your current boyfriend it only means that you don't love him enough...

Just think a bout this clearly please... don't contradict yourself

• The grass looks greener on the other side yeah... sometimes cause their is more shit