Where is a good place to meet an intelligent, adventurous woman?

I've been single for most of my life. people talk about someone with shared interests, well my range of interests are ridiculous. I've traveled the world, and every new place I've lived I've picked up new hobbies and interests. if anything I may have too many interests at this point. lol
so my problem is that I have shared interests with everyone, but no-one to share them with. I need to find a way to meet a woman and get to know each other in a fun setting. any ideas on where or how I could accomplish this?

122

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're looking for someone intelligent, your best bet is a hobby club or special-interest group, whether on or offline.

there's a group for virtually everything these days~ whether you're into reading, sports, basket-weaving, etc., you're bound to find something. plus, it guarantees that you will have at least that one thing in common with that person.

you could also try online dating; because the internet gives us access to so many people, you're bound to meet someone you have something in common with.

if you go the online route, i suggest okcupid; i met my boyfriend of 3 years (common-law husband) there, and it's a good option because of the optional questions you can answer~sure, some are pretty personal, but answering them does help you find higher-quality matches.

good luck!

• thanks. yeah, I've been on OkCupid so long that they made me an administrator. that's why I'm looking for something more real world.

I haven't come up with a good local club yet, but I agree that that could be a good way to go. I mean I could always go with one of my major interests such as working out or being a nerd and just try to meet someone at the gym or a convention.

• I know I was the same way but if you learn to be patient with yourself and the world then it will come to you... you're only 33... there are plenty of fish in the sea

• well that's a whole different website.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just buy a fleshlight and save your time and money.

What Girls Said 11

• i think you should try out dating apps... just because you'll run across a wide range of women that you might not see in your local bar. the other option is getting more involved with one of your hobbies, going someplace where other people who enjoy that hobby congregate.

• I like your answer. I've already done the dating app thing. for so long that they decided to make me an administrator. lol. the issue with that is that it's basically females choice when it comes to that, and I have a habit of being very open and honest, and that does not work out well for first impressions. the only time I have any luck with women really liking me is once they've gotten to know me. usually if you do get a response on a dating app, getting to the actual meeting in person becomes the next huge hurdle. if they haven't gotten to know you by the end of that first meeting, you'll never hear from them again, no matter how well you got along online. and it goes both ways, it's the same on the guy's side as well.

• i get that. sometimes that text-to-in person translation just doesn't work out that well, which is a shame. the logic behind doing a slightly dangerous activity together is interesting lol. i can see how that would be an apt way of finding someone who shares similar interests and who is level-headed, good team worker, etc. i'm not sure how feasible it is for you to find a snowboarding group though... how about indoor rock-climbing? i've heard of couples getting together that way before.

• it's expensive, but I do like rock climbing. it's a decent idea. around here they also have ropes courses that are becoming more popular.

• It depends on where you live. If you live in a metro area, there are a lot of good ideas already posted. If you live in a smaller community, you mayc want to try to think of places with lots of women. Somewhere with frequent wine tastings, a mid to upscale restaurant with a bar, a coffee shop and yoga class are all ideas. Be aware of everyday opportunities as well. I met my husband when he and I moved into the same apartment complex on the same day, and my friends met at a pizza joint on their lunch break. My point is, you can meet a woman anywhere, but if you don't take the opportunity to engage her, you will never find a date.

• I think joining a club that's adventurous in nature would be a good place to start. It depends on what you consider adventurous but maybe try like a scuba diving club or I don't know something like that 😂

• I am dive certified, and live on a beach... unfortunately in order to go scuba diving I would have to go two states away. lol

• Okay maybe trying a mountain climbing club or something like that? Just a club that has any adventurous activities at all.

• yeah. I get where you're going with this. I'm not sure where I'd find all these clubs though.

• So like, if you like traveling and stuff, ask out girls at airports and hotels! :)

• join a club or something?

• Join a sports club, volunteer at a charity or meet a group on meetup. com

• Your local brothel.

• well, they would be adventurous, and they are intelligent, because they're using what they've got to make money without having to put any extra effort into learning a trade or paying ridiculous amounts for schooling.
      however, we have no local brothels here, so I seem to be out of luck there.

• Where have been so far?

• lol, how many hours you got?

• huh. as far as Philipino vs Filipino, the beginning sounds are the same anyways with two different spellings. so it's just a spelling difference for us.
      PH sounds the same as F.

• Yea they do sound the same

• You have to try on going out and meet new people or dating sites

• Marathons or runs

• Join a group in your area for one or a few of your interests... you should able to find soemthing online.

What Guys Said 1

• gag...

• well, that's either a good plug, or not helpful at all, depending on how you meant it.