Why did he ask me this?

I've been dating this guy for four months, and I told him on one date how my dad is an alcoholic and he asked me if my dad ever hit me.

why did he ask me this?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• There are several possible reasons:

1. Perhaps he has an alcoholic relative and has had that experience.
    2. Maybe he is just trying to show some sensitivity to the experience you have had.
    3. If you have been hit by your dad, that may suggest a potential area of sensitivity that he would need to take into account.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't know this guy at all. You post daily these ridiculous "Why did he ask me this?" questions about his behaviour so clearly you don't know how to communicate with him or he with you. Its just so utterly stupid that I can't even get my head around it ! When he asks you these things, why don't you ask him why he is asking?

What Guys Said 3

• Because alcoholics tend to be violent and out raged
    He didn't had any bad intentions I think

• It's not uncommon for alcoholics to also be abusive.

• alchohics rep

What Girls Said 3

• It's just an ordinary question that people automatically ask when they find out that one of the parents drinks and that they loose control and might hit you.
    There is no real significance behind this question.
    Anyhows, you gave detailed intimate information too soon, he should get to know you better first, don't trust people with such deep family problems on dates OBVIOUSLY it depends on how many dates you have been after you told him this :) ...

Wish you the best luck <3

• Because he was concerned that maybe your dad had hit due to an alcoholic rant or something.

• Alcoholic person can be aggressive.